Monday, June 26, 2017

I Quit Blogging


Hey there! 
I feel like I should give a complete re-introduction to most of ya'll! Looking at my last post, the last time I posted on my blog was in August of 2015. 

2015...Ya'll...To say that I have neglected this blog would be a HUGE understatement. 
But, one thing that I haven't neglected the past couple of years is myself. And that is a HUGE win in my world. 

So, let's start with "WHO WAS I?". 


I was Marie. First Grade teacher at a Charter School. God Lovin' Divorced Mom of 2 children ages 4 and 7. Teacher-Blogger. Facebook Addict. Instagrammer (Is that even a word?) TpT Resource Creator. Rookie of testing the waters of ONLINE Dating. 

But, most importantly, I was TIRED. 

I was TIRED of trying to keep up with the world. 
I was TIRED of trying to keep up with the newest trend. 
I was TIRED of trying to "out-post" or "out-do" the post before. 
I was TIRED of trying to get into the best shape of my life to feel better about being divorced. 
I was TIRED of trying to parent alone in a house that I shared with just my children. 
I was TIRED of cleaning the same mess every 45 minutes.
I was TIRED of feeling the need to compete for likes on posts.
I was TIRED of always comparing my story to everyone else. 
I was TIRED of trying to stretch my budget and rearrange funds. 
I was TIRED of pretending everything was fine in my world. 
I was TIRED of going on one or two dates with dead-end men who couldn't carry a conversation. 
I was TIRED of couting calories. 
I was TIRED of the pressures to be a perfect Mom.
I was TIRED of staying up later than my children, just to get time to myself to blog and create.
I was TIRED of feeling like I was falling short all the time.
I was TIRED of smiling when I didn't want to. 
And, I was TIRED of being me. 

Related image

Looking back, I know exactly when and why I stopped blogging. It wasn't because I necessarily hated blogging. It was because I had let myself get to a point where I needed to LET IT GO...at least for a while. I began to weed out things in my life that were taking up too much time or making me feel inadequate. I have never seen myself as a "pro-blogger". I never thought I had anything very profound to say. I started blogging because I wanted something to do while I was home after having my son. It gave me a hobby. It gave me something to do while he napped and helped get me excited to get back into the classroom. 

But, once the rest of my life began to wear me down, it was the first thing to go. 

Now, that part of the story may seem dark and sad and miserable...and some days, that is exactly what I was...but that isn't the end of my story. 
That was just a valley on my journey. 


Since that last post of mine, I have had some amazing highs. I took the leap to leave the charter school I had been at for 8 years. I got a job at a Title 1 school teaching 2nd grade students. I met an amazing group of educators and was led by a phenomenal new principal. My children and I moved into our first "very own home" that we rent, but it feels like ours. My son graduated Kindergarten and my daughter is heading into 4th grade. I reconnected with some old friends. I gained a pretty amazing boyfriend who appreciates me for exactly who I am. The mountaintops have outnumbered the valleys.

So, why come back now? Why even blog about NOT BLOGGING? 

Well- My blog has lost it's domain and I am not renewing it. I have gone back and forth with the idea of getting back in the blogging saddle. I have had so many of you reach out and ask me why I'm not posting and if I am even still teaching.

The answer is YES I am still teaching, but for me, blogging isn't the way that I reach people. Facebook and Instagram are my go-to outlets.  
Sharing on Facebook is great and easy and quick. I've actually loved only using Facebook.


I know that some things require more than a couple of pictures and a paragraph. I realize that. And, for those things, maybe I will do a guest post on other blogs...or maybe I will just make a video on my Facebook page!

I think I will leave the blogging to the people who do it best....Mrs. Russell's Room, I'm lookin' at you ;) and all the many other amazing blogs out there that post more than every two years! Lol

On that note, I'd like to RE-introduce myself. 


My name is Marie. I am a 2nd grade teacher at a Title 1 public school.  I am a God Lovin' divorced mother of 2 children, ages 6 and 9. I am an avid reader of all things PARENTING related. I am a Facebook Addict. Photographer Wannabe. Instagrammer (Still not sure if that's a real word lol) Girlfriend to an amazing man. TpT Resource creator. 

But, most importantly, I am HAPPY. 



And, I cannot wait to continue this journey with those of you who follow me on Facebook! If you aren't yet, click the F button at the very top left of this page. 


1 comment:

  1. So glad you are back! I have missed reading your posts! Most of all I am VERY happy that you are in a happy place! :o)

    Karyn
    Kideducator@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...