Sunday, May 25, 2014

Summer Reading List! Linky Party



Well, I made it! I made it through another year of teaching Firsties...without going into all the little details, I can honestly say this school year has been the TOUGHEST year of my life. My husband asked for a divorce in February and moved out in March. Going to school each day and seeing my students has been a huge blessing...a great distraction. 

Since school is now out (our last day was Friday) and I have some extra time when my kids go visit their dad, I've decided that I really want to take up READING FOR PLEASURE again...

This idea used to make me laugh...until yesterday. Yesterday morning, I grabbed a book that I've been meaning to read for a couple of months now and I sat outside of a Starbucks in the sunshine and read...

Ya'll...

I didn't just read....I read that whole dang book! In ONE SITTING I read a book....and it was a book that had no other purpose than to just take me to another place....

Here's what I read:


After I finished this book, I had such a sense of closure...and I felt this weird sense of accomplishment...
but mostly,
I felt RELAXED.

It occurred to me that the last time I read a book for pleasure had been at least a year ago...and the last time I took the time to read a book in less than a month was over 6 years ago.

I think Moms are so busy...and working women are so busy...that we forget the simple pleasure of just sitting and reading one of our favorite authors.

SO, I'd LOVE to hear what you're reading right now, or what you'd LIKE to be reading right now. You can leave a comment, OR if you are another blogger, you can LINK UP with your post  below telling us all about your current SUMMER READING LIST! Just be sure you link back to this post in your post and use the image from the top of this post.

Happy READING!



15 comments:

  1. I've never read a book in one sitting! I'm impressed:)
    I'm sorry to hear about your tough year and your marriage difficulties. Beaming you all sorts of good thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I set a goal to read Orange is the New Black over spring break. I got a third of the way through it and haven't picked it up since. It was really good, I'm just crazy busy. I want to finish that and read the Outlander series this summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had a friend tell me about that show...Orange is the new Black. It sounds hilarious!

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad to hear that you were able to relax and enjoy yourself through a book! I linked up with you and added my to-reads for the summer. Thanks for the linky...this is a fun one!

    being-ladylike.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay I am so lame! I tried t add a book and did it wrong and added my blog site instead! DUH! Marie you can delete it. Any way I meant to add The Collector by Nora Roberts for a fun read.
    First Grade by the Sea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol no worries! I'm going to have to check out that book!

      Delete
  5. You read one of my favorite Nicholas Sparks books!! Oh, who am I kidding? I love all of his books and I own all of them! I'm loving this linky! Working on my blog post now so I can link up! Thanks!! :)
    -Elyse @ A is for Apples

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicholas Sparks is soooo easy to read in one sitting! I get hooked, it is fast to read, and I just can't put them down. Hope you (and I) get more time to read this summer.
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear about your tough year. Thanks so much for the reading suggestions. I just bought "The Fault in our Stars" so I'm going to start with that. I also heard that "The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair: A Novel" is very good (and it's set in my state of NH so I'm definitely going to check it out! I hope you have a great summer filled with reading and YOU moments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Fault in our Stars, Think Like a Freak, Darwin's Doubt, and We Were Liars (Books on the Nightstand predicts it will be the next "Gone Girl") are at the top of my list. I am so ready for summer reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm reading Call the Midwife. I got it yesterday and I'm over halfway done with it. I have read books in a few hours before. I've been out of school for a week and I've read about 4 books. Summertime reading is my favorite! I'm sorry you had such a tough year. Hopefully you'll get rested and refreshed this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reading for pleasure is hard sometimes!! It's part of my every night routine before bed and I love it!

    Thanks for the fun linky! I just posted about my list!

    Katie :)
    KTP: Keep Teaching and Planning!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...