Saturday, March 15, 2014

St. Patrick's Fun and Freebies!

St. Patrick's day has always been a day that I have just LOVED...I went to high school in a town called "Dublin" Georgia and during the month of March there were DAILY happenings! When I moved away it became very clear that not everyone got this excited about the holiday and I shouldn't expect a huge citywide pancake breakfast followed by Art in the Park and then a big downtown block party lol....

BUT, I can share the excitement with my class and with my fellow teachers! This year, we are on Spring Break and so I won't be able to use all my fun St. Patty's ideas, but I wanted to share them with you, just in case you need some last minute ideas.

First up, this is a bulletin board that I do sometimes with my class...they make their pots of gold with rainbows and then write on the pot of gold. It turns out really cute and it's super easy. 
You can click here to see the steps to make this! 

And, this is our bulletin board that we created last week before the students left for Spring Break!

One really easy and cute idea that I did a couple of years ago was similar to a "heart attack" where you put hearts everywhere...except, instead of hearts, I cut out a large shamrock for each of my students. Then, on each Shamrock I wrote "I AM LUCKY TO HAVE YOU IN MY CLASS BECAUSE...." and I thought of something unique to say about each student. I hung those all around the room one afternoon and they saw them the next morning when they came to class. It made them smile so big and they LOVED reading them over and over :)

Here are a couple of fun FREEBIES that I found and/or made! 

#1 First Grade and Fabulous made this amazing freebie! You can click the picture to visit her store and download it!


#2 This little pack of Ready to Go printables from Sheila Melton
 

#3 This cute and easy writing page that I made to get my students thinking and writing creatively: (click picture to go download for FREE)
 
#4 Here is a fun set of phonics poems for St. Patrick's! These would be perfect to write out on sentence strips and put in a pocket chart! 

And, these are a few of my FAVORITE Pinterest finds that I would TOTALLY be trying if I was in school next week!

These are just so cute and so easy...even if you didn't have the shamrock cut outs, you could let students punch holes or cut the edges with silly scissors!

These are just so simple, but so beautiful! They could be paired with so many different writing activities too!

I am a sucker for any kind of handprint craft, so this was right up my alley! :)

And, this one is just a cool, easy project kids could do at home or in class to show all the things that make them feel lucky...


I hope that you have found something or things that you can use this St. Patrick's day/week! 

OH, and my St. Patrick's Pot of Gold for Math and ELA is on sale for $3 until Tuesday! Be sure you check it out...it's got tons of ideas for centers, partner work, and independent work.


May the LUCK o' the Irish be with you :) 









2 comments:

  1. I plan on doing a writing activity very similar to yours when we get back. How cool is that? I really like the activity where the kids share what makes them feel lucky. I may do that activity too! Thank you so much for sharing your ideas and especially for sharing the links to the freebies. Have a great Spring Break!

    Antoinette :)
    Shoelaces and Sugar Cookies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, everything is so cute! I really like those paint chip bookmarks.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...