Thursday, October 17, 2013

Five For Friday! And...a SURPRISE??


It's another Friday!! I'm so excited to link up with Doodle Bugs because I have had an amazingly busy week!!!


#1
Each year we have a big Desert Unit to help teach about the adaptive properties of plants and animals. It works out perfect since we live right here in the Sonoran Desert of Arizona :)

I have lots of fun art projects, writing lessons, science experiments...and I make some really great bulletin boards :)  Check out some of what we've created:



I teach my students how to make the desert sunset pictures with saguaro cactus silhouettes and they LOVE IT! You would be surprised at the number of "ooooh's" and "ahhh's" they get LOL
I have a little tutorial on them HERE! 

We also have fun making a big prickly-pear cactus garden to trim our bulletin and then I let my students TASTE this prickly-pear marmalade! After we all tasted it (It was super yummy!), the class made a YUMMY or YUCKY graph and wrote about what the marmalade tasted like to them. 


#2

In other news, my daughter had her very first Kindergarten project. She had to create a habitat for a red dart frog and write three facts about it. We will need to practice reading the facts out loud in a presenter's voice :) I am super proud of her because I really stepped back and let her take control of this. I wanted to see what she would come up with. I would say this project was done 75% by her! She even learned how to use the glue gun :)


#3
Oh...and, did I mention my report cards were due today....I had 42 report cards to write....yep...24 for my regular class and 20 for my math class. Can you say BRAIN DRAIN!??!!?


#4

Here is another "funny" for you from my week...God I love grading papers sometimes! I almost pee'd my pants. LOL

and...lastly....
#4

There isn't a picture...only a clue...
Come back on Sunday...Please don't forget...I have a surprise that is sure to be a hit!
;)



2 comments:

  1. Papers like that one are the reason I love teaching first grade, lol!
    Teachin' First

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...