Friday, September 13, 2013

Five for Friday! My week in PICTURES


Another week has come and gone...and that means we are even closer to FALL BREAK ya'll!!! I've been back to work since mid-July, and I, my friends, am ready for a BREAK!!! Especially since I'll be journeying to GA to visit some family and friends :)

But, enough day dreaming of Fall Break...let's talk about my week:

First up....gotta show off my new do. I am LOVIN' the bangs!!! Haven't had bangs since it was stylish to tease them up to Heaven :)


Secondly, I tried a few more CLEAN EATING recipes.
If ya'll want some motivation, you MUST follow this chick: https://www.facebook.com/LosingItWithLindsay
She has some great ideas/quotes/recipes....just in general, a very motivating healthy FB page :)

Above: Quinoa with roasted red peppers and asparagus; english muffin with 1 egg, lowfat cheese, and one turkey sausage patty; pumpkin protein muffins

This week we also got to celebrate some of our local heroes...some firefighters came by our school. I was able to use a page from Mel D's We Remember 9/11 for LIttle Learners (Freebie)...and then my students were able to hand deliver them to a firefighter. :)
We also made our tissue paper flags and talked about what it meant to be a hero. I kept a very positive vibe and really tried to get across the message that heroes are everywhere and good things can come from bad things....



Onto a lighter topic...well, maybe not "lighter", but definitely sweeter:

I made a new Scientific Method packet! My candy science experiments have been very popular and it seems many of you share my love of sweets! :) I have already made this a FLASH freebie on my Facebook page (are you following there? If not...whY NOT?) ....

I thought I'd give you readers a shot too....at the end of this post you will see a very simple rafflecoptor to win this candy science packet!  Click HERE to see more about this Chocolate Science packet!


Oh, and just because the other Chalkies and I just love a good freebie...be sure you check out today's post....there are LOTS of great freebies to grab, and you can link up a freebie to share if you have one! :) Just click the picture below...and then enter my giveaway! :)


Here it is....just enter below for your chance to win CHOCOLATE SCIENCE!

a Rafflecopter giveaway



11 comments:

  1. I love the bangs too! You are very daring to do that!!

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I needed a change and my hair is just easiest! lol

      Delete
  2. Those bangs are gorgeous! (We would call that 'a fringe' here in Australia.) I've been considering getting mine cut back in and you have made my mind up for me! :)

    Lauren
    Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You seriously look so much younger with the bangs! I am obsessed! I might need to jump on that bandwagon after seeing how fabulous you look! And that quinoa looks delish! Might be on the menu this weekend!

    ThePolishedTeacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm telling you...these bangs have gotten me SO many compliments....I should have done it sooner! LOL

      Delete
  4. Love the bangs! Different color too? Your science activities are inspiring me:)

    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new hair is lovely! :) I'm planning the M&M experiment for next week! :D

    Lindsey
    The Journey of a Beginning Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marie,
    I love your bangs so much my friend...too cute! So jealous of your fall break. I could use one too and I've only been in school for a month...however I'm LOVIN' my new class this year. Have a great Sunday sweet friend!
    xoxo,
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...