Friday, September 6, 2013

Five For Friday: Bubblegum, Amphibians, and Picture Day, oh my!


Welcome to the LONGEST week ever.....Is anyone else super thankful that it is Friday?!?!? Why are short weeks always the longest?

Let's get this Friday night party started with a peek into my week for my Five for Friday with Doodlebugs!

#1
After doing a research project for our class amphibians project, one of my students talked her parents into buying her a Fire Bellied Toad for a pet. Now, she really is an expert! And, our class was able to observe it for a full day! 


#2
Can you find our frogs and toads?? One of our science standards asks us to learn about how animals use their external parts to survive. Many frogs and toads survive by using camouflage (like lots of other animals). So I printed black and white pictures of frogs and toads and let my students color them and create a scene for them to "hide" in. They loved this!


#3
Ok, so I rarely mention TpT or my blog at school, but a couple of my coworkers know about it...and one of my team members used my Bubblegum Science activity last week! This is her amazing bulletin board! :)


#4

Oh yes...did I mention it was picture day for my class yesterday?? And, yes...I had a bright as daylight zit right on my chin :(  I swear it happens every year!


#5

And, lastly...my mind has been wrapping around the concept of a little girl's day spa birthday party! I just sent out my daughter's invites, and now it's time to get crackin' on all the fun things we will be doing with her friends!! It should be super cute and super fun!


Check back in this Sunday. I'm taking a break from my "someone New Sunday" to share some fun math ideas! :)



7 comments:

  1. LOVE the camouflaged frogs!! And it looks like your kids did too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you inspired your student and the support she received at home!

    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you inspired your student and the support she received at home!

    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the camo idea! I'll be using that when I teach animals in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For halloween last year one of my firsties dressed up as a spa girl. She brought her robe, slippers, and and a towel for her hair. When she went trick-or-treating that evening she had a 'face-mask' on. I think that may be the most relaxing Halloween costume, ever.

    I think that the girls are going to love the spa party--I'd like to come, too, lol.

    Brenda
    You Might Be a First Grader….

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally with you on the picture day thing! Last year, mine was terrible! It looked like a high school picture or something! :)

    - Katy

    First Grade Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found your post on Five for Friday. Following! Smiles, Jayne
    Smart Kids
    ABCs of Reading

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...