Saturday, August 17, 2013

TpT Best and Most, Plus Common Core Math goodies!

I am super excited to be linking up with Christina for this BEST and MOST linky! 
In my high school, we did a "best and most"...but my school was huge, and I never made it in there! LOL

Although, if I had to give myself one award, it would be "Most likely to make you smile..." :)

So, today some bloggers have joined together to do a "Best and Most" of our products for the BTS sale that starts TOMORROW at TpT!  Everything in my store will be 20% off and TeachersPayTeachers is giving an additional 10% off if you use the discount code BTS13 when you check out!  My sale will run from Sunday until Tuesday.  TpT's discount code works on Sunday and Monday!  {Thanks Beth at Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah for the button!}

Take a look at some of my highlighted products and keep scrolling for some Common Core Math goodness!


Teacher's Pet: My Year of Homework Menus is a LIFE SAVER if you have trouble coming up with homework activities. I love that this is not just a packet of worksheets! My students (and parents) love the variety!

Most Likely to Help Your Students Succeed:  I am LOVING my Brag Bracelets for students this year! My students do so much better when they know I see what they are doing and give them some positive reinforcement. This is a cheap alternative to buying lots of prizes! 

Best Couple: 
If you have a wild animal print room like I do, then this couple is for you!!! My Wild Safari Classroom Decor Kit and Wild Animal Clip Chart system are great for getting your classroom organized and keeping it well managed!

Be sure you visit MY TpT STORE to stock up on some of your own faves!

NOW....let's spend a moment talking about Common Core Math ideas!
I am LOVING teaching math based on the common core standards. I love the depth we get our students to and LOVE the math talks and number discussions. I am a self-proclaimed Common Core Math Junkie! lol

That being said, I want to share a couple of ideas for teaching First Grade Common Core based Math:

First up:
In those first precious weeks of school, let your students help you create your classroom number line. This is a great way for students to show what they know about individual numbers, plus it helps them practice putting numbers in correct order. My class LOVED doing this! 


Another great idea for assessing number sense: 
Have students cut up a 99 chart into at least 10 pieces. Then, ask them to trade with a partner and try putting the chart back together correctly. 


And, another idea, which is so genius I really WISH I had thought of it first....

My blogger bestie, Tamara, from


made this AMAZING Common Core Tool Kit packet for your students to keep track of strategies they are working on and strategies they have learned. I cannot get enough of this amazing math packet. It truly is a WONDERFUL resource for students. 

If I could chose a "MOST helpful Math Kit" this would be it....hands-down!



You can click on any of the Math Tool Kit images above to go check it out! I promise you will not be disappointed!

HAPPY SHOPPING!!! 
Be sure to check back in later on in the week....I am working on a really fun Math freebie!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out on my Tool Box! :) So excited to use it this year with my firsties too! :) I am TOTALLY using these math ideas! :) So glad you started a few weeks before me! Now I can snag all of these awesome ideas for my firsties TOO! :)
    XOXO,
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  2. TeachMeWell - Online Math Help - education for children Aged 5 to 10 (Grade 1, Grade 2, Grade 3, Grade 4, Grade 5) - Math lessons click here math help

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...