Sunday, August 4, 2013

Someone New Sunday! Special Education Edition AND Day 5 of the Wishlist sale!


Happy Sunday!! 
This week I want to introduce you guys to Kelly

 from

Kelly's blog is very new, but she already offers up some great insight and ideas! She is the first blogger I've met that works with Deaf/Hard of Hearing students. Read along below to find out more about this amazing blogger and please, go over and visit her blog!

1. What made you decide to start blogging?
I started blogging in February of this year after reading lots of teacher blogs for a few years. I really wanted to connect with other teachers of the Deaf/Hard of Hearing and find out what they were doing in their classrooms. I love getting a peek into other classrooms and I thought maybe what we were doing in my classroom could inspire others as well. 

2. What grades have you taught and what do you teach currently?
I teach Deaf/Hard of hearing students in a Special Day Class that includes Grades 1-6.  My students are mainstreamed into the General Education classes with an educational sign language interpreter when appropriate. Many days my class feels like a one room school house.  In the past I have been an Itinerant teacher of the Deaf/hard of Hearing and I have also taught preschool D/HH students as well.  If I could pick an ideal grade level and span to teach it would be K-2. I really enjoy that age group and all the fun craftivities! 

3. What is the last GREAT book you read?
Read? Like for pleasure? I have two little girls at home, age 5 and 3. They keep me too busy to enjoy a good book. If I had the time, I enjoy love stories like Nicolas Sparks. 

4. Michael's or Hobby Lobby?
Sadly, I've never even been into a Hobby Lobby. I live in a small town, so Michael's it is.

5. If I wasn't a teacher, I would probably be a Party planner. I enjoy creating birthday parties for my girls and each year my co-worker and I are in charge of our classified appreciate week at school. We love to go big. Thank goodness for Pinterest. What did we do before Pinterest?

6. If I could share one piece of advice with all of the new teachers out there, it would be this:
Just shut the door and teach. It is easy to get overwhelmed by paperwork and meetings in Special Education. Develop a system to keep your paperwork and IEP's organized so you have more time to focus on your students and planning for them. 

7. What are your links?? We'd love to come visit you!

And, remember...if you would like to be featured, please email me!

OH, and don't forget...today is the last day of the WISH LIST SALE!



Today is the last day of the daily wish list sale! :)
The product that is on sale today is my Apple Core of Math: A Kindergarten Math Packet




To see more about this product and to get it while the deal is on, please CLICK HERE! THE SALE IS ONLY TODAY! :) 


3 comments:

  1. I am also new to blogging. It is fun! I love to "blog stalk" everyone has such good ideas! It is nice to see I am not the only new one out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How to write a resume - Creating a resume is a skill which needs practice and better understanding about your determination. Be 100% sure that spending another couple of minutes to learn how to make a resume will bring a ...

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...