Monday, August 12, 2013

Meet the Teacher: 10 Things About ME!


I am SUPER excited about this week long linky party from Blog Hoppin'! 




So, let's get this party started with MONDAY's post. 




1. I am a southern GA girl at heart. I catch myself missing dirt roads and sweet tea way too often. I miss going fishin' on my dad's farm...I miss being around all my cousins and family....My friends point out that I say things like "Bless her heart" or "I'm fixin' to go get supper" or "Dittin your mama teach you better?" LOL Going home twice a year to visit just "ain't" enough :)



2. I am ADDICTED to Nicholas Sparks books...I have read everything that man has ever written...Here are two of my most faves:



3.  I teach First grade at a small, but well known charter school in Arizona. I LOVE how we have such a small town, family centered feel, in the midst of a large city! 

4. I absolutely CANNOT stand and REFUSE to watch ANYTHING involving Real Housewives, Bachelors, and Bachelorettes....There...I said it. Don't hate me :)

5. I am seriously addicted to Iced Caramel Swirl Latte Lite from Dunkin Donuts...Seriously...I MUST have one everyday and will go out of my way to get one. I hate donuts, but you will see me with this drink from Dunkin' DAILY....


6. My daughter is truly my best little buddy. I genuinely LOVE talking to her and she can always make me laugh! I love that she has such a sense of sass and humor. I hope we will always be friends.


7. My husband is the LOVE of my LIFE and, I met him while I was waiting tables as a side job in college! After only 3 months of dating, I moved to Canada with him and lived there for almost two years before we moved back to the states. Living there I fell in love with him even more...and his family...and POUTINE!! (my Canadian friends will understand) :)


8. When I was 16 I went on a trip to visit an exchange student I had met the year before...in BRAZIL! I have wanted to go back ever since...It was truly the most beautiful place I've ever been to.

9. I see a chiropractor once a month and have for the past 3 years. Making this a part of my routine has been one of the best decisions ever!

10. I'm going to end this post with a personal scoop on me....I am a Christian. I am flawed. I make mistakes all the time. I am not perfect. I am thankful. I am extremely blessed....I have known God my entire life, but the older I get the more I see it is important, not only to know Him, but to grow in Him and share the story of Him. When I am feeling low and at my worst, I know I can always pray and cry, and lean on Him. Sometimes, I get so excited, just to know that I have a King who has made me for His own purpose!





4 comments:

  1. I have been under chiropractic care for at least 20 years. I am never sick, always at my best and am told I do not look my age! I love the picture of you and your daughter! Can't add to #10-you said it all!
    Debbie
    debjac9@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved looking at your pictures. Your family is beautiful - thanks for sharing!

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...