Friday, August 23, 2013

Five For Friday: You know you're a teacher's kid when....(and a FREEBIE)

I don't know if I've ever been more happy to see a Friday come, although, I did end up at my school tonight until the cleaning crew came and went LOL....but I was getting so much done and helping out a dear teacher friend....LOVE collaboration!

And, now....Friday, My LOVE....you are here! 

Take a peek at my week with Doodlebugs Five for Friday:

#1
I found this while browsing at Ross and thought it was SO VERY appropriate for teachers AND for students..HAHA!



#2
You know you're a teacher's kid when....

My daughter who is in Kindergarten decided to doodle on my whiteboard while I was in a meeting. This is what she doodled....LOL...no hearts and rainbows. It's the life cycle of a frog! 



#3
A treat to get me over the HUMP of Wednesday??? I tried out a new local cupcake shop and it was SINFULLY good!



#4 
Possibly one of the sweetest things I've ever seen a little boy write. We were brainstorming short and long /i/ words and one word was "wife". Just take a look at his #5 sentence.....isn't that the cutest?!?

#5
Over the past few weeks we have been reviewing our short and long vowel sounds. This week we were working on long and short o sounds, but next week we will be reviewing long and short /u/. SO, I made this simple sorting page as an end of the week assessment. Feel free to download this simple freebie!



AND, if you haven't seen this adorable song about Vowel sounds, you are missing out on two incredibly talented and fun teachers! 




Later gators! I'm off to bed....


5 comments:

  1. Ha Ha! Yep-definitely a teacher's kid. That sentence the student wrote is just adorable--I'd frame that if I was his mom! :) Love the video of the vowel song too-I don't think I'd ever be brave enough to record something like that.

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the freebie and video! That sentence was soooo sweet! I just love reading and hearing what young minds come up with. Awww haha, she is definitely a teacher's kid!

    P.S. Can you please send me a cupcake? ha ha j/k :)

    Ashley
    Rockin' in Resource Room

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY! Your posts are always a hoot! THANKS FOR SHARING! Smiles and stop by anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your little girl is awesome! :) Great drawings! That sentence is so cute! Kids are always full of surprises!

    Still interested in the Sunday Shout-Out...never heard back from you.

    Lindsey
    The Journey of a Beginning Teacher
    lindsey.johnston@bcsds.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh! I love love love that sentence. What a sweet kid!

    Em
    curious firsties

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...