Wednesday, July 24, 2013

MY First Day of School: Watcha Wearin...continued!

What a whirlwind of a week!

Monday was my first day with students...and I was super excited to meet everyone. 

It was also my daughter's first day of Kindergarten. She had a FABULOUS day, until around 2:30 when she barfed...

Yep...

She ended her first day of Kindergarten stuck in a bathroom....I don't know which of us felt worse.

So, I stayed home with her on Tuesday and by Tuesday night, I was also throwing up :( 

So, I stayed home again today....I was SO sad that I had to miss two days of the first week. Luckily I had two great subs and some very understanding parents. But, still...it was not the way i wanted my year to start off....

I'm feeling much better tonight and wanted to come back ans show you my First DAY outfit...as promised!

I'm linking it up to my linky party...if you want to see more outfits, click my linky party button below:



For those of you curvy girls like me, this outfit is from Lane Bryant. I got the dress and little cardigan from there...LOVE me some Lane Bryant...especially when I have a coupon and a birthday coupon!

The necklace is from Stella and Dot...I wear it A LOT! 



 I also wanted to show you guys what I did for my students and parents on the first day...

I reused my picture prop that I made last year for students to hold and pose behind like a frame...

But, I also set up a fun backdrop and laid out some wild animal props for parents and students to play around with! It looked like they had lots of fun with these! :)


Hope your first week back is better than mine everyone! :) Remember...sanitize EVERYTHING! LOL


6 comments:

  1. I hate to hear you both have the bug!! Glad your feeling better!


    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck...but glad you are feeling better! CUTE OUTFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is crazy that you both got sick on the first week of school. When will that ever happen again. I'm glad that you are feeling better. You outfit is adorable. I have not bought my back to school outfit yet. I have another week and a half to go but I am so ready to get back to my students and teaching. I just love it. Thanks for sharing and I will linky when my first day comes. It will get here fast.
    Tammy

    Mrs. Flickinger's Butterfly Oasis

    ReplyDelete
  4. No fun to be sick!! I love your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sign Up for Maurices Email Alerts and Receive Exclusive Offers and Updates

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sign Up for Maurices Email Alerts and Receive Exclusive Offers and Updates

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...