Saturday, July 13, 2013

My Busy Week in Photos!

The last time I posted was Monday, which is a long time for me...I normally try to post at least every three days...So let's catch up!

So, for those of you who don't know or haven't seen yet in other FB posts of mine, I go back to work "officially" on Monday....

yep...

As in...not tomorrow, but the next day!

Time has FLOWN by this summer, and now that I am helping to mentor two new teachers on my team, I am SWAMPED...as you may imagine!

The good news? I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my new team. We are a "young" team, and that means we get to start the year off fresh and POSITIVE! I am SO stinkin' excited about this year! Lots of responsibility, lots of busy times ahead, but also LOTS of happy times ahead with a supportive and sweet team!

So who wants to see what I was up to this week? (Or at least some of it...because, let's face it...teachers and moms do SO much it would be impossible to post pics of it all!) lol

#1
I am SO excited about these! This is a new product I made for my TpT store...I made it as a pack of student BRAG BRACELETS that would be something simple and cheap to make and give my kids. The set includes 20+ bracelets. This one is my Wild ANimal Themed set, but I also have a regular Brag Bracelet set for those who don't wan the wild animal print! You can click HERE to see the Student Brag Bracelet set!


 #2
Like I said above, I am SUPER excited about my new team this year. I wanted to give them just a little something to say "Welcome back!" and so I made these fun little gift bags for them!

#3

Ok, so this was a GROCERY STORE find! I found it while shopping last night...if you do the "SPLAT WORDS" or word hunts in your room, these are just darling! I found them here in AZ at my local Frye's grocery store. 

 #4
One of my sweet new teachers I'm mentoring wanted a BEE themed classroom. She has done some really cute things. She wanted a hive on her welcome board, so I made this one for her using brown felt and a black marker! :) It turned out really cute and she loved it!

#5

Lastly, I'll leave you a personal life picture...I've been carrying around some unwanted "baby weight" for some time now...my youngest is 2 and 1/2 :)
So, I've started working out more and I'm REALLY trying to work on my endurance and running/jogging more. You can see, I have a long way to go, but this is my best "mile" time since before my son was born. 1 mile in 13:51.
My next goal is to do a mile in under 12 minutes. And, then I can add my next goal! :)


14 comments:

  1. That's a great goal to get under 12 min! I do the same. On and off though... I need to get back ON! I even bought myself new shoes to walk in and haven't put them on yet!!! SOOO SAD of me!
    Well, I CAN NOT BELIEVE you have to go to school on Monday!
    Enjoy! It IS always fun to start a new year. I love your little teammate gifts. We've never done that, but I think I might do it, just to start off the year right!
    Looking forward to reading about your new year!
    "autumn"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I wanted to give them something just to show how excited I am to work with them! They all liked their little goodies! :)

      Delete
  2. I NEED one of those fly swatters! Like really! I wish we had that grocery store here. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the same fly swatters at Walmart for $1 Deanna! I'm sure you must have one of those near you!

      Delete
    2. Deanna, want me to send you some? :)

      Delete
  3. I can't believe you are back at it! Makes me think I need to get with it... Congrats on the mile time!

    Crystal
    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay you for working out - Keep it up- I just went back after the child (who's almost 3) *hangs head in shame* - but I'm happy I did. Thanks for the positive post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) LOL...girl, I know how tough it can be to get back into a routine!! We can do this!

      Delete
  5. I need those fly swatters to go with my series of SPLAT:I Have That games! I love your bracelets. I've used them in the past for reminders- trip money, back to school night, ect-- if you make them, let me know! Keep working out, soon you will get to a point to where you crave it! Have a great week : )

    Kathleen
    The Diary of a Not So Wimpy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bee hive you made it is so cute. I also have miniature fly swatters that I use in my class, but I love the ones that say, "Splat" on them. They are more fun. Keep working at your time for your mile. You are doing way better than me. I need to go to the gym so bad.

    Jamie
    Teaching Tidbits and More With Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe you start school so soon!! What a great teammate you are, that's so wonderful! Working out is Arizona is so tough in the summer! It's so hot and I am not a gym type of person, I need to be outside. That's why AZ and I had to part ways ;) Good luck!!

    Aloha,
    Corinna (✿◠‿◠)
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blog! Please check us out and enter for a chance to win a $5 Target Gift Card!

    ~Amber
    Our K Crew Rocks

    ReplyDelete
  9. You HAVE been busy! Awesome job with the workout!
    Hard to believe your hols are over when mine have just started. Have a great first day!
    BTW, let me know if you'd like a matching blogLovin button:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Have a great first day of school tomorrow! I also love those flyswatters and I do find it humorous that we as teachers can find so many uses for something that kills bugs! Ha! I will have to venture to Walmart (I am a Target shopper bc Walmarts get so crowded!!) and find some as I have some centers that use those, too! Thanks for sharing your great find!

    Leslie
    First Grade and Flip Flops

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...