Monday, July 29, 2013

Let's Get Acquainted: Goals for the New Year (and a freebie)

It has been FOREVER since I was able to link up with Latoya for one of her super fun Let's Get Acquainted linkies!

So, here goes:

The topic for this week is "Goals for the upcoming school year"...

My school year has already started, and I have a few things I really want to happen this year.

#1
I ditched my desk this year in an effort to sit less and engage MUCH more with my students. Although, I never sat A LOT, it was always there and I would find that any free moment I had, I would sit....So, I really want to be a more immersed teacher this year.

#2
Get more organized!!! No more piles and piles and piles of stuff laying around...I want streamlined files, paper clipped packs, and buckets of center ideas. :) Sounds like heaven!

#3
Be the best team leader I can be! This year I am leading my First grade team with two new teachers on it...and they are awesome! I just want to be the best, most positive and supportive leader I can be!

What about you???
What are your goals? Be sure to link them up with Latoya. Just click the picture above!

OH, and be sure you download this student writing freebie for back to school! :)

Click the image:




5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the freebie! I love your goal of being more immersed. That's something I need to do too!

    Brandi
    Success in Second Grade
    Follow me on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No desk...I was thinking of going Teacher desk-free too! Congrats on your goals. Smiles and stop by anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ditched my desk a few years ago and I am so glad that I did! It ended up being just a catch-all for my junk and now I have so much more space for students. I ended up using paper trays to cure my piles of paperwork and it worked so well!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ditched my desk this year too - mostly because there is no space for it in my new classroom! I only sat at it during plan or after school so I think I'll be okay, but I had to get creative on where to put things.

    Crystal
    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...