Sunday, June 30, 2013

Someone New Sunday!


Happy Sunday Everyone!!

Today, I'd like to introduce you all to Leslie from
Tally Tales

This is Leslie (Isn't she cute?!)

I think her blog is so spunky and she has some really great ideas! I hope you'll go check her out and be sure you tell her I sent you.


1. How long have you been blogging? What made you start? I have only been blogging since this past February. I love connecting and sharing with other people -especially other teachers- and a blog is a great way to accomplish that. I also love to write, so my blog often serves as a creative outlet for me. 

2. What grades have you taught? Preschool, third grade, and now first grade! I enjoy working with children of all ages, but there's something really special about teaching first grade. I am so happy to be where I am now!

3. What is one piece of advice you would give any first year teacher? Take it one day at a time, and always remember that those children are your first priority. Do the best you can to love them through your teaching, and everything else will fall into place. It will take time to get your classroom organized and little systems figured out for everything. Some days will feel very overwhelming. But if you pour your heart into those students, they will be eager to learn with you, regardless of how overwhelmed you may feel at times. Children have this amazing capacity to love, and they can tell when you care about them. Give them your best, every day! :)

4. If I wasn't a teacher, I would probably be a writer, preferably for the young adult/middle level reader genre.

5. The last item I bought from TpT was "Charades of Meaning - Four FUN Shades of Meaning Activities/Games (Common Core)"  from Teaching and Tapa's store. I was so excited to find this packet! It contains several excellent hands-on, interactive exercises related to shades of meaning. 

6. We'd love to come visit you! Do you have a blog, TpT, and/or FB page? Leave the links!
Please come visit The Tally Tales blog at http://thetallytales.blogspot.com
I have The Tally Tales TPT store, and you can access it at http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/The-Tally-Tales. I don't have a huge selection yet, but I am really proud of the products I have created so far. There are so many amazing resources available through TPT, and I am excited to take part in such a great pool of teacher resources!


Remember, check back each Sunday to meet a new Blogger!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...