Sunday, June 2, 2013

Someone New Sunday! Meet a New Blogger :)

So...I've been thinking about doing this for a while, and I used to do my "Something New Sunday" Linky...well, now, my newest idea: Someone New Sundays! This is the day I'll highlight a new blogger friend for us all to check out! :) I hope you like this new feature! I love meeting new friends :)



I am super excited to introduce you guys to a friend of mine. Katie is semi-new to the blogging world, and very new to the TpT world. I remember when I first began blogging I was a bit clueless and was grabbing at straws trying to figure things out. I made lots of mistakes...I posted lots of blog post "fails"....and, then, I realized all you guys really want to see is another perspective. You want to see what other teachers' ideas are and what others are finding that works and even doesn't work. It has been a roller coaster of a year, but I feel like I've finally got the hang of this whole teacher/blogger role! :) SO, I'm sharing the love...I am helping my friend get her own roller coaster ride started! :) I know she will love it and if she is like me, she'll love getting to know all of you! :)

Are you ready to meet her????  

This is Katie 



from


Let's get to know her a bit :)

1. How long have you been blogging? I've been blogging on and off for the past year and a half. My blog started as a place for me to share crafty things that I made in my spare time but has kind of expanded to include the educational items I create for my classroom as well.

2. How long have you been teaching and what grades? I have been working with children for the past 11 years, 6 of which were with preschool and Pre-Kindergarten children. I love that age! They're like little sponges and can absorb so much!!

3. What is your favorite classroom theme you've ever tried? I'm pretty partial to woodland animals for a theme because I love hedgehogs and owls but this upcoming year I plan to do a rainbow theme that I'm pretty excited about since it should compliment any unit we work on throughout the year.

4. When is the last time you shopped on TpT? Actually, I just bought a set of rainbow backgrounds from Ashley Hughes and a sight word reader bundle from Janine Campos this morning! I intend to use both within the first week of school!

5. What would you consider your Super Power, other than teaching? Well, according to my 7-year old, my superpower is crafting "not only because you're good at it but because I like it too!".

6. What is the last thing you bought for your classroom? I have been loving the Common Core ELA packs from Scholastic and just got the "What's in the Sky" and "Celebrate Earth Day Everyday" packs in the mail. I can't wait to try them out next year!!

 7. We'd love to visit you! What are your links? TpT, FB, Blog?


I hope you will ALL go over and visit Katie! :O
Tell her I sent you!

Are you a new up-and-coming blogger? Want to be featured in my Someone New Sunday posts??? Email me!

1 comment:

  1. Marie- Thanks for sharing Katie and her blog. I can't wait to see her craftiness:)

    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...