Sunday, June 16, 2013

Someone New Sunday: Check out this "new" blogger!


I am starting to really LOVE Sunday blog posts...it is just so fun to meet so many new and wonderful blogger friends! :) 

I hope you'll stop over to visit Kendra

from

Have fun reading through Kendra's answers to our get-to-know-you questions! :)

1. How long have you been blogging? 
I started blog stalking last year for one of my Reading education classes, and after reading several religiously, I knew I wanted to start my own. This past March (2013) I finally found the time, and courage, to explore Blogger. 

2. How long have you been teaching and what grades?
I am not officially a teacher YET. I am going to school for my BSE - Broadfield Social Science, so I will be licensed to teach history, economics, geography, and political science in grades 6- 12. I am student teaching this fall at a local high school and will graduate in December. So if anyone knows of openings for this area near you, let me know!

3. What is your favorite classroom theme you've ever tried?
I have never had my own classroom, but I love the safari theme or blue/yellow chevron. I wrote about my dream classroom designs, taking from fellow bloggers, in a blog post here: http://www.thesocialstudentteacher.blogspot.com/2013/04/classroom-decor.html

4. When is the last time you shopped on TpT?
I have an online shopping problem. I am always on TPT looking for cute new things that others have created. The last time I was on (earlier this morning), I downloaded Ashley Hughes's "Welcome Banners" that are perfect for back to school.

5. What would you consider your Super Power, other than teaching?
Organization! I love being organized - making lists and creating places for everything makes me super happy. Although everything doesn't have to be labeled, it has a specific spot. I am splurging on the Erin Condren Lesson Planner for this upcoming fall, and I cannot wait to receive it in the mail to do some planning, make lists, and patiently await for my first day of student teaching!

6. What is the last thing you bought for your classroom?
At the last PD seminar I went to, I bought two books about Ancient Greece and Rome. I can't wait to read through them this summer and get new ideas of how to present this information to class. I am thinking a lot of time in groups exploring how they influenced today rather than the "boring history teacher lecturing at them."  And, as I said above, I can't wait for my Erin Condren Lesson Planner to get here so I can be in tip-top planning shape for the school year!

 7. We'd love to visit you! What are your links? TpT, FB, Blog?


Remember, if you are a new blogger and would like to be featured, please email me with your blog address to be considered! :)


2 comments:

  1. Love this idea! Tried emailing but it wouldn't let me send :( I am a new blogger as well and would love to get featured on your wonderful blog!

    Ashley
    www.theblessedocdiva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try sending an email to mariecote123@gmail.com :)

      Delete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...