Sunday, June 9, 2013

Someone New Sunday: Another Great "New" Blogger!


It's Sunday, and I have another "new" blogger buddy for you all to meet! :)

Does this teacher look fun, or what?!
I love this picture of her and her little cuties :)

Tammy is the brains behind this sweet "new" blog:


I found Tammy's blog recently, and just love her content.

Now, let's get to know her a bit! I asked Tammy the following questions....check out what she had to say!

1. How long have you been blogging? I started blogging in June 2012.

2. How long have you been teaching and what grades? I have been teaching for 20 years. I started my teaching career in Hobbs, NM teaching 3rd grade and Kinder. I then moved to Omaha, NE and taught 2nd grade and my final move so far has been to Wichita, KS. I have been teaching there for 14 years. I've taught 3rd, 1st and 2nd grades.

3. What is your favorite classroom theme you've ever tried? When I first started teaching we really didn't use themes. We bought things that would look cute on the bulletin boards but nothing really matched.  I started thinking about themes when I moved to Wichita. I have always used the same theme and have built on that theme every year. I love butterflies and we do a study on Monarch Butterflies every year in the Fall when they are coming through town so my classroom reflects that. Each year I seem to do add more decorations and more homey items thanks to Pinterest and other teachers blogs.

4. When is the last time you shopped on TpT?  Last week! I went and bought another license for Lory Evan's Daily Math for 2nd grade. I really love those pages. My students really enjoyed working on them.

5. What would you consider your Super Power, other than teaching? I love to make homemade items for birthdays, weddings or just special occasions or for no reason at all except that I wanted too.  I love to cross stitch, crochet, quilt, scrapbook and make things with wood that I see on Pinterest. I love to keep my hand busy.

6. What is the last thing you bought for your classroom? Well, I have to think about this a little because I haven't done any shopping in a while since I am on summer break and I don't live in town. (Sometimes not living in town is a good thing.)  I would have to say a book shelf for all the new books that I bought at the Book-a-holic sale. $10.00 for a bag of as many books as you can put in a Walmart sack!  Can't beat that!!

 7. We'd love to visit you! What are your links?  Here is my blog link address:  http://tammyflickingerpage.blogspot.com/

NOW:
Are you new to blogging? Would you like to be featured in my Someone New Sunday spot? Just email me! :)


2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring my blog on your site. I really appreciate it.
    Tammy

    Mrs. Flickinger's Butterfly Oasis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are SO welcome! :) It was fun getting to know you a bit :)

      Delete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...