Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Made it Monday (on Tuesday): Bee Classroom Poster!

My theme in my class is all Wild Animal print, but I LOVE making things for other class themes too!

That's why I was so excited to find out the new teacher on our First grade team for this coming year is doing a "BEE THEME" with her room. It's her VERY first year teaching and so I am making her a little Welcome to the Team goody basket, and wanted to give her something a little special.

Take a peek at what I made her! It was easy, cheap, and turned out super cute! If you like it, I do have a freebie poster!

To make this, I just bought a plain back CHEAP frame from Michael's (but Dollar Tree or Dollar Store would work too!).

I took the glass and back off of the frame and hot glued a few little bee/tree wooden pieces and buttons around the frame. I got all the pieces from Michael's too.

When the glue was dry, I printed out this cute poster I made using my own background and clip art and fonts from 


To GRAB this poster, just click the picture above! It's a {FREEBIE}!

And, here is a closer look at the finished product!

I hope she likes it! :) 

Be sure to hop on over and check out what everyone else is making in the Made It Monday Linky!







8 comments:

  1. How sweet and thoughtful are you to make that for your new team member:) LOVE it! I am super sure she will love it:) Thanks for linking up:)))))))

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the linky! :) I love Made it Mondays! :)

      Delete
  2. I think she is going to love that frame! That is very thoughtful of you. I may need to make some of these for my new teammates at my new school as a "I am very excited to work with you this year!" Thanks for the inspiration.
    Tammy

    Mrs. Flickinger's Butterfly Oasis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) And, good luck with your new team!

      Delete
  3. That is just the most thoughtful thing ever! When I get my first job, I hope I have a co-worker as sweet as you!

    The Polished Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww so cute!! What a lovely way to welcome a new teacher - I am only in my second year of teaching and it would have been so heartwarming to receive such a sweet gift when I started.

    Casey
    Lifelong Learners in Prep

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...