Tuesday, June 18, 2013

It was DIY day today! Easy Ideas :)


Yep...if you agree with this, you are my kind of teacher! LOL

Today I spend about five hours in my classroom getting things organized and getting RID OF MY DESK! (whew! That thing was H-E-A-V-Y...and full of junk!)

My hopes are that not having a desk will keep me from collecting lots of junk and stacks of papers...and it will help me IMMERSE myself in my lessons more because I won't have that perch!

I'll post before and after pics of that space in my room soon!

But
for today...
I want to show you a couple of ideas I had for making my room more "cute" :)

First up, I made new bathroom passes out of the wooden door hangers. I don't let students take them to the bathroom. Instead, they grab them and put them on their desk while they are gone. This way, I can easily look around the room and see who is gone to the bathroom. 

I used the wooden door hangers, little wooden letters, wooden animals, hot glue, and ribbon! VOILA! It was super simple!

And, I've been wanting to do something like this for quite a while to keep my birthday goodies in one spot:

This was my inspiration....I just needed a way to tweak it to fit my animal print classroom.

And, so...
it was PERFECT when I found a zebra print wine bottle gift canister! Check out what I did!

I cut the lid off of the canister and now can use it as a paperclip or rubber band holder...
Then, I hot glued this cool Zebra mask that I found a while back (and bought hoping I'd find a use!)...

Next I poured rice into the canister to weight it down and put in some crazy straws and glow necklaces! Now when I have a birthday, I'll just let them go pick out their straw and necklace. 

I'll be back later this week to share my desk space before/after pics! :)


7 comments:

  1. I LOVE the zebra mask! It's very... you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! :) I got that mask for $1 somewhere...I think Michaels!

      Delete
  2. Love your bathroom pass idea. The zebra is adorable maybe I can make a treasure box. Now you have me thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that eCard! It's so true! Sometimes I get so wrapped up at the end of the summer getting my room ready I forget that I need to think about what to do when the kids come! I too am planning on getting rid of my junk-filled desk this year!

    Lindsey

    littleprowlers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the birthday container. My balloons are just in a basket thing. I love that you do the necklaces too. I might have to do that this year!
    Gina
    Third Grade Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO many cute ideas! I wish I was brave enough to get rid of my desk! Maybe I should trade it in for a smaller one first... baby steps? ;) Your DIY ideas are so cute, and I completely agree with your cute-classroom-smooth-school-year philosophy! haha. Thanks so much!

    http://thetallytales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...