Saturday, June 15, 2013

Five for Friday (on Saturday!)

So I'm a little late to the game with this week's Five for Friday...you'll see why in just a moment!


I really, really wanted to post yesterday, but I had a FABULOUS Arizona Blogger Meet up last night and wanted to wait so I could share pics from that fun adventure! :) 

Here it is...my amazing night with some AMAZING women...who also LOVE BLOGGING as much as me!

We all had a great time and got to show off our painting talents at The Brush Bar. All in all, I think we are pretty darn good artists! Don't you? 

Speaking of artists...I took my kids this week to a local ceramics studio to make something for their Daddy for Father's Day. I helped them make a plate with their hand prints, and my daughter wanted to make her Dad a mug. She picked the colors, which I thought was ok...but then, after it was fired in the kiln, Dad's mug turned PINK!! :) 


Let's switch gears now and talk about food! I'm really trying to do more clean eating and incorporate new foods that I've never given a chance. This week, I wanted to try quinoa...which, up until about 5 months ago, I thought was pronounced "kwin-o-uh" Don't judge! 
This stuff was AMAZING!


If you follow my facebook page at all, you may have seen this picture...I posted it after a rather hard time getting my 2 year old "cleaned up"... lol
I know I'm not the only one who can relate to this...right??? It may be gross...but MAN oh MAN is it the truth! lol

Oh, and if you didn't see it, I made a little set to go along with the book A Bad Case of Stripes! I love using this book at the beginning of school and thought you guys may want to see some ideas I have to go along with it. This packet has several different activities and some ideas on bulletins too! :)
To see this packet in my store, CLICK HERE! 

Be sure to click the FIVE FOR FRIDAY button to see everyone's week in pics!


4 comments:

  1. We try to do more clean eating also (as I chow down on some ice cream right now). My favorite thing right now is kale. I keep trying quinoa but it is just not my favorite yet. But I will keep trying.
    Em
    Curious Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I want to try Quinoa and now you have motivated me to pick some up. I LOVE your art work! It would look great in my classroom so I wish I had that talent. Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you for commenting. And, thank you! The teacher in the class helped us a lot by giving easy, step-by-step directions! You could do it too! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh boo, I missed a meet-up again?!?!
    =(
    Liz
    Teaching in the Valley

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...