Friday, June 7, 2013

Five For Friday: And a Freebie!

It's another MARVELOUS Friday! Of course, now that I'm on Summer break, the majesty of Fridays has withered a bit...but, just a bit! :)

It's time to link up again with Doodlebugs for one of my most fave linky parties!


So, here is my week in review...in five pictures:

#1
If you haven't seen it and entered yet, you have until Monday to get entered to cool off with this fun giveaway:

#2
Now that it's Summer time, I am pulling out all the tricks to keep my little ones (2 and 5) busy! I thought painting these cool wooden masks from Michael's would be fun...My son thought painting his hands would be MORE fun!

#3

I made this fun frame for my newest team member...her room is going to be BEE themed. :) I gave it to her yesterday and she loved it! Made me feel great! (click CLASS SIGNS at the top of my blog if you'd like this sign!)


#4
This was in the party supply area of Target and I just LOVED all of it! I have a friend who is decorating her classroom in rainbow colors and it just fit perfectly! Rainbow/Colorful classrooms seems to be very hot right now! If you haven't seen my Colorful Classroom Kit yet, I hope you'll check it out!

#5
I pinned this, just today and it really got me thinking. I know, as a woman, I'm always comparing myself to other women for some reason or another. I may compare myself to the lady beside me at the gym, or the mom buying "all organic" in the grocery store...or even, to the blogger who has 3,000 more followers than me...but I need to learn to appreciate all I have earned and all I am. I should not compare myself to anyone else. I don't know what they are like "behind the scenes"! :) 

NOW, go check out the rest of the Five for Friday posts! Just click the link at the top of this post!

11 comments:

  1. Lol! I love the picture of the pirate mask and your boy's hands. Too funny! I also loved the bee sign! Too cute! That was very thoughtful of you to do!

    Angela
    angelapr18@gmail.cm

    The Bilingual Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I've just found your blog through this linky and started following along- I LOVE the BEE sign and I LOVE #5 on your list- SO TRUE!

    x Serena x
    Magic Mistakes & Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fun frame you made looks adorable! I have seen that quote before on pinterest too-it does certainly get you thinking. Everyone has their own struggles and strengths so there is no need to compare but yet it still seems to be human nature to compare yourself to the next person (even if it is someone at the grocery store you don't even know!) I guess that is why this quote is so important so that we can remind ourselves there is no need to compare!

    Happy Friday!

    Amanda
    Learning to the Core

    PS I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love #5! I have been guilty of this lately too. It couldn't have been more perfect to see this today. Thanks for sharing!

    The Polished Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog through Five for Friday! Love the bee sign, as my blogging partner decorates with bees,too. Also--love the quote! I am a new follower...

    Smiles,
    Sarah @ Hoots N Hollers

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your number 5 because I found myself doing that just a few hours ago on the way to my daughter's t-ball game. It's so hard not to compare ourselves, but you are so right... need to appreciate who we are and the strengths we bring to the table because we bring many.
    Thanks for the inspiration!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marie,
    I love that quote so true! Thanks for sharing it. Also that find at Target is super cute!!! Enjoy your summer, mine started today { kinda } Common Core meetings Monday and then I'm off but kids are gone for summer.
    xoxox,
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marie-
    I am agreeing with everyone else. I needed to hear that quote. That conversation is constantly going on in my head. It is hard to remember all the things we have done well and still have to offer. Thanks for the reminder.
    Em
    Curious Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great quote. Love the hand art!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Marie,

    I popped over to visit from the linky - I just love your blog! Your bee sign is so cute, and I definitely agree with the quote you have included as #5. :)

    So pleased that I found you.

    Lauren
    Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...