Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Fish Kisses and End-Of-The-Year FUN!

I'm sitting in a pile of papers right now...actually, I'm sitting beside a pile of End of the Year Student Awards...and my laptop...and my cup of coffee :)

My own kiddos have just dozed off, and I'm trying really hard NOT to doze off too! 
See...I only have TWO days left of school, and these awards are NOT going to fill themselves out :)

I do love choosing who gets which awards though....it makes me smile! 
Do you use end of the year awards? If so, you should check out My cute and colorful End-Of-The-Year Awards! 

In other news...I also wanted to give you a little peak into my last couple of weeks of school...

I got to kiss a fish again this year...students always love this FISH FOSSIL activity and it has become a tradition that I "kiss" the fish :)

If you think you may be interested in making FISH FOSSILS, click HERE to see my post from last year's FISH FOSSILS with more info! 

We also have been doing a few mini-book lessons, instead of reading groups these past couple of weeks. 
This week, our book focus has been

This is one of my favorite children's books and it has such a great lesson! My kids LOVE when I read it aloud and give lots of exaggerated accents for the doctors :)

After discussing what we think this book is trying to teach us, I had my First Graders draw a picture of themselves in pencil, then cover their pictures in stripes. I also had them write about what would happen if they woke up covered in stripes....

Most popular answer: I would freak out, then scare my parents.
lol...


Only TWO more days for this teacher!!! :) Now, I'm off to fill in these awards and crash!



3 comments:

  1. I hope you got all the awards filled in before you fell asleep! I always get so tired at the end of the year! The awards are gorgeous, I have added them to my wishlist!

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Bad Case of the Stripes activity! That book is great! Good luck getting all of your awards filled out.

    Heidi
    Secondgradealicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your holidays, Marie!! I have another five weeks to go:)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...