Sunday, April 21, 2013

Super Cute Book Set! Issy Books

OK....have you heard of Issy Books???

If you haven't, PLEASE keep reading...

I cannot help but be amazed by these books!
Why???

ALL of the illustrations are by a little girl named Issy. 
This is Issy with her grandmother, who is the author of the books! Issy's "Gigi" writes stories to go along with her granddaughter's cute illustrations.

Issy is a 5-year-old little girl with some amazing talent! Her drawings are darling.

I shared these books with my students (First Graders), and they thought the books were super cute! The best part? As soon as I told them about Issy, my students wanted to know when they got to write a book! :) That's perfect because each year my class "publishes" a class book where each student creates one page.

Issy's books gave my class confidence that kids can do great things!

I think these books would be great for beginner readers, and I love that the set comes in this cute carrying case. It would make a really cute gift!




Currently, my class is working on our Ocean unit, so this one was very popular :)

It also lead into a really cute writing activity about feeling "crabby". 

OH, and I just HAD to sneak this picture...this is my own 5 year old, trying her best to read the Issy book. She was OVER the MOON excited when I told her that these books were made partly by a little girl who is her age :)



I urge you all to visit Issy's website to see more and download one of these books FOR FREE to check out!



2 comments:

  1. Wow! Awesome!! My kiddos would love to know that someone their age helped make them!

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!! It really helped to show them that they can truly do ANYTHING! :)

      Delete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...