Monday, April 22, 2013

Pout Pout Fish, Organizing, and Feeling CRABBY (freebie)!

Some pictures and ideas from my CRAZY busy Monday!

I love this gloomy face, don't you???

It is one of my FAVORITE read-alouds because I get to use my "sad and gloomy" voice. And, I LOVE it when he becomes the "kiss-kiss fish" in the end because all of my Firsties inevitably let out lots of "EWWWWWWWWW" and "GROSS" mumbles!

Plus, it fits in fabulously with our Oceans unit! :) I LOVE mixing fun writing/literacy ideas with our Science based units! 

This year I had my kiddos make their Pout Pout fish and then make a picture of themselves pouting. Next, I asked them to write about a time they "pouted like a Pout-Pout fish."
(This was mine!)


(I thought their POUTY faces were so stinkin' cute!)


Last year I did something a little bit different with my Pout Pout fish, and you can CLICK HERE to see it! :) 

Along the same lines, we've also been learning about Red Crabs and Blue Crabs....and so I had my kiddos do a little writing activity. I asked them to make a list of "Things that Make them Crabby"....And, let's just say, some of those lists were HILARIOUS!

Like this one:

I love reading these...And, you could also have them write it as a paragraph, instead of just a list...
SO, I made this little FREEBIE for you guys!


Lastly, I just HAVE to share this with someone, so why not you guys???

I have been neglecting my "teacher shelf" for quite a while lately because I've been so busy. I'm not sure if I got the "SPRING CLEANING FEVER" or what, but I completely transformed it today with the help of a couple of amazing Moms from my class! 

Take a look!

BEFORE:
(Yes...shameful...I know....)

BUT, take a look at the AFTER before you judge me too harshly! LOL



OH, and before I forget, I have hit 600 FOLLOWERS in my TpT STORE and so I'm throwing a 20% off EVERYTHING sale for TONIGHT and TOMORROW! Be sure you check it out! :) Just click HERE! OH, and be sure to FOLLOW my store if you aren't already!




11 comments:

  1. Ooh, Sister! I am so impressed! Your closet looks AMAZING!!
    XOXO
    Laura
    Peace, Love, and First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice organization girlfriend!!!!!!!!!!! Two thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fantastic and your pouters are super cute too!

    ~Christy & Tammy
    Fluttering Through First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so impressed with your first graders' writing! I so wish my kids would come in like that!

    My room has been a complete mess lately. I need to get in there and just clean!
    Maribel
    Learning In Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should probably clarify :) i can tell that you have done awesome work with your first graders. I teach second and I wish my second graders would come in prepared like your first graders that are going into second grade :) The second grade team at your school is lucky to have you getting the kids ready!!!
      Maribel

      Delete
    2. Thank you for clarifying! :) And, thank you for all the compliments! :)

      Delete
  5. Oh my! That crabby list was too funny! Kids really will tell everything.

    Dawn
    Adventures in First with Mrs. Key

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn, some of them made me laugh OUT LOUD! :)

      Delete
  6. I love all the ideas you have. Keep sharing!!
    Paige

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...