Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Mother's Day Gifts and FREEBIES to Decorate Your Room!

Now that I have your attention...lol

Yep, those are my two munchkins! My son just turned TWO and my daughter is 5, although she'll quickly say "and a HALF". :) 

Mother's day is coming, and I can't WAIT to see what their teachers do with them. I am always super happy with WHATEVER they make me.

I've been working with my class on their Mother's Day gifts. I toyed with SEVERAL ideas from pinterest before finally just making up my own. It's an old idea, with a couple of new twists!

THE BOOKMARK....(old idea)
Plus the twists....
Glitter Scrapbook paper
Printed Tape
LAMINATING

And, this is what we got! 

They were super easy and CHEAP to make! I bought a few pieces of pink glitter scrapbooking paper and cut the rectangles for the base.
Then, I let my students choose which type of craft tape they wanted to use. I helped them wrap both ends.

After that, they cut out a picture of their face and glued it on...then drew their bodies. (Some wrote a note to their Mom instead of doing the picture on the back).

When they finished that part, I laminated them (with my small laminator and 3m sized laminating papers)

Lastly, I punched 3 holes in the top and let the kids tie a ribbon in each hole.

VOILA!

These are going to be waiting at the student's spots along with a table top nameplate and an "All about My Mom" page that the students filled out.  
Turns out...LOTS of my moms fave drink is WINE...no wonder we get along so well! LOL

Now, for the freebies:

I made these to use in my my classroom for our Mingle With Moms day!

Cupcake Toppers (print on cardstock, then attach to tooth pics or small Popsicle sticks)

Nameplates for tables (just print, write the students' names, and fold!) --- Use cardstock!


Hope you enjoy these freebies! :) More to come!



5 comments:

  1. Your students' moms are going to love these...adorable! PRINTED!!! Thanks for sharing and stop by anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just precious! :) My mom STILL introduces herself to eveyone as 'Tamara's Mom'! She would LOVE those little toppers...and those bookmarks too! :) I keep telling her that I'm old and not nearly as cute as when I was toothless, but...she still loves when I make her a copy of the craft that I make with the kids! LOL! :) This year, she'll be getting that book mark you made and I'm sure it will be in the pages of her Bible not soon after she gets it! :) Thanks for always sharing such wonderful ideas! :) Your students are blessed indeed! ;)

    XOXO,
    Tamara

    Mrs.Russell's Room
    First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the great bookmarks! They look so fancy! Your kiddos are super cute...great way to grab our attention :)

    Tamra and Sarah
    First Grade Buddies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are really cute!! What a great idea! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...