Friday, April 26, 2013

Five for Friday!!! Recycling, Sharks' Teeth, and Itunes???

So excited to share this week's Five for Friday!

This week we have been completely immersed in all things SHARK! :) I brought in my collection of sharks' teeth that I have had since I was a kid. When I was younger, my Mom would take me walking down the beach in Florida and we would see who could find the most teeth. :) I still LOVE hunting sharks' teeth! My students here in Arizona thought this was the coolest thing EVER!


This week, I just needed to remind myself of this one....



We had a class field trip to a local METALS recycling company...it was SO amazing to see, and all of my boys were in HEAVEN! 

Last, but CERTAINLY not least....

Our FABULOUS music teacher has been working with a high school friend who became a Hollywood Producer to create an ALBUM and raise money for new risers for our school...well, it has turned into SO much more than that!!! The Rise Up Project was born and today we got our entire K-4 graders together and performed and there were two news crews and a full production crew there! (This was a HUGE deal and involved LOTS of organization....)I cannot WAIT to see the finished product! AND, our songs will be available on ITunes...all proceeds will go to our Music program!!!


Now, because I made it through the day in one piece and only a slight headache...I'll be treating myself to one of these:
Yummmmmyyyyyy....mojito!

Have a great night! I'll enjoy my drink and watch Grimm with the hubby :) 


7 comments:

  1. Found you from the linky! I'm your newest follower! That project sounds absolutely amazing - I love when everyone comes together for the good of our kids! Congrats!

    -Liz
    Love, Live, and Teach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you found me! :) Thanks for the comments!

      Delete
  2. I'm going to try to fit in oceans soon. Sharks are so fun to teach! The Rise Up project looks amazing! Wow!!!
    You deserve that mojito :)
    Maribel
    Learning In Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you!!!! And, yes...I totally earned this drink tonight!

      Delete
  3. Your shark teeth collection IS the coolest thing ever!

    Diane
    Fifth in the Middle

    ReplyDelete
  4. We sometimes go to the garbage dump (land fill with recycling) for a field trip and that's very popular -- ha ha. I haven't done it in a few years, though!
    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marie,
    Looks like you had a great week. I remember years ago taking kids on a field trip to a recycling plant...very fun. I especially love your quote...God is good and know what he's doing for sure. I want a yummy cocktail tonight now. :o)
    Vicky

    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...