Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Day 2: Let's Get Organized: What's for Lunch???


I am lucky enough that I teach at a school where I could leave everyday for lunch if I wanted.

Granted...I only have 40 minutes roughly, so it'll be rushed...but I'm lucky in the fact that I do not have to eat lunch with my kiddos (as much as I love them, I do need a break!LOL) each day.

NOW...I say "lucky", but I'm beginning to think it may be a curse! You see, when I know I can leave everyday, it makes it THAT MUCH EASIER to just "forget" to pack my lunch....

See where this is going???

Less packed lunches = Less moola in my pocket!

THUS, the new lunch box I shared with you guys on Sunday: 

It is REALLY helping me to save money and eat healthier...but it calls for some ORGANIZATION!
I have to organize my time first: When do I need to pack my lunch?? Mornings are just CRAZY here in my house getting myself and my two little ones ready and out the door! Pardon my grammar, but.... I AIN'T GOT TIME FOR THAT! haha!
 So, I know that I need to make my lunch and my kids' lunches the night before.

Last night I packed myself some homemade chicken salad, Triscuit thins, strawberries, and almonds! I'm telling you, I've NEVER been so excited about playing with different combinations and packing my lunch. And, for those of you who are trying to get healthier, it PUTS YOU IN CONTROL of what you are putting into your body!

I love this chart from Pinterest on how to plan your lunch:


I am also LOVING some of these ideas!

If you click here, you'll see 18 pages of PICTURES of ideas for packed lunches too!

I don't know about you, but when my lunch is all packed and planned, I feel SO much more organized and prepared for my day!

What about you? What's your favorite BROWN BAG LUNCH?

Stay tuned tomorrow for more ORGANIZATION TIPS from another GUEST BLOGGER!

2 comments:

  1. I have to pack my lunch this night before, too... any extra minutes I can have in the morning, I'll all about it :)

    Thanks for sharing the lunch planner. Love!:)

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always grab random leftovers to have for lunch. I'm not a sandwich person unless it's tuna which doesn't sit well all morning. And when there are no leftovers, I get school lunch.

    Thanks for the tips!
    Liz
    Teaching in the Valley

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...