Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Plastic EGGS CENTERS and FREEBIES!

OK...I may be just dragging this into the ground for some of you, but I am CHEAP...

YES....I know...surprise! You found a cheap teacher :)

someecards.com - I make entirely too much money.... said no teacher ever.


SO, for all you other cheapo's who like to get EVERYTHING you can out of something you buy, here are a few more ideas for using those leftover PLASTIC eggs THROUGHOUT the month of April and May.

OH, and because we are cheap THRIFTY (look, a synonym! lol)I am including some FREEBIES to go with these ideas!

Idea #1:
This one is a fun one that one of my teammates actually came up with and I LOVE it! She suggested putting journal topics into the eggs! GREAT! 

SO, I typed up a list of SPRING themed journal topics and even threw in a couple of "GRABBER's CHOICE" tabs! I am going to use this bag of eggs as a reward for good behavior during Spring. If I catch someone being ABSOLUTELY fantastic in class or someone who is MOST IMPROVED they will get to grab and CRACK the egg to read the topic to the class for that day. If they get a "grabber's choice", they get to choose the topic of the day! :)

Idea #2:

This idea is something that fits right into my MEASURING unit we are currently working on! In first grade, we spend a lot of time working with NONSTANDARD measurements....
SO...the cheap and easy way I worked this was to cut pieces of string/yarn/ribbon and put one in each egg. I labeled each egg with a number (1-10). In a center, students will need to take turns cracking an egg open, then MEASURE the length of their piece of string using connecting cubes.

ANOTHER idea you could use these SAME eggs for...yep (CHEAP)....
is by putting different amounts of coins in each one and having students break them open and count their change! :) 

Idea #3:

This is an idea I've used for a couple years...COMPOUND WORD hunting!!! It's a super fun center and the class LOVES it! I have a set of centers right now for Math and ELA (that includes my COMPOUND WORD activity) and it's ONLY a BUCK! Yep....You can get it HERE!

Let's hear that word again...
CHEAP...
THRIFTY...
RESOURCEFUL...
POOR TEACHER....
Whatever you wanna call it! LOL

OH, and if you are crafty...this is by far my FAVORITE idea for Spring this year as far as plastic egg crafts go! I cannot WAIT to try it! 

Well...who am I kidding...I've pinned it, but it looks WAY too complicated for me...so maybe I'll wait until next year or ask someone crafty to make it for me :)


Hope you found something useful tonight! :) I'd love to hear from you in my comments!


7 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH Marie,
    I love the EGG WREATH!!! Fabulous Find! Thanks for sharing your templates with us!
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am currently making centers for the end of the week, and the measuring one is perfect! Thanks for sharing :)

    Rae
    Mindful Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas! I am loving the measuring one especially because we are reviewing that right now! Thanks for sharing!
    Maribel
    Learning In Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE all of these ideas! I have a ton of eggs that aren't being used either!

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I LOVE Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving the measurement idea! My students need to review that skill, for sure! This may just be in our future. Thanks for sharing!!

    Aimee
    Primarily Speaking

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! Great ideas, I will definitely be doing the measurement one when we get back from spring break! Measurement is our very next chapter in our math book! Perfect timing :)

    Lisa
    The Lower Elementary Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the Easter wreath! In my Kindergarten class I love using eggs for all kinds of activities. We crack the egg...but just have letters to make words. I also have them hide some under a basket and we play a missing addend game. I think that one is their favorite. Great ideas!

    Terri Izatt
    KinderKapers

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...