Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Class Valentine's Day in PICS {and a math FREEBIE}

Whew! I made it threw Valentine's day with my Firsties!

Anyone else T-I-R-E-D?!?! We had so much fun, but it feels really nice to sit down and watch Big Bang Theory tonight.... Oh how I love Sheldon!

Wanna take a little peek into our day? {OH, and there is a math freebie at the bottom of this post!}


Chocolate covered strawberries! Need I say more?

Conversation Hearts graphing as one of my math centers!


AND, I thought.....what would make my math class even more exciting today?

Hmmm.....

Then, it hit me! 
MATH MUSTACHES!

The kids LOVED them!

I also hung up paper hearts all around the room. I did this yesterday after the kiddos left, so this morning when they came in, it was the FIRST thing they noticed! Each heart had a student's name and something I love about them. 

After we passed out our Valentine's and had some treats, we made Valentine's hats :)


And, at the end of the day, this is what my desk looked like! I was spoiled with lots of candy, flowers, and cards. They make my heart smile :)

How was your VALENTINE's DAY??? Do anything special?

AND, for those of you who are working on DOUBLE DIGIT addition with regrouping, I made a FAB FREEBIE activity just for you guys!!! It's a Facebook Fan ONLY freebie, so head on over to my FB page to grab it by "liking" the page and clicking the Yellow Apple (FB Fan freebie) Tab! Hope you like it!

Don't forget, also....
If you haven't entered my Blog Birthday Giveaway, be sure you get entered! There are 2 days left!




3 comments:

  1. Marie,
    What a sweet post! Your chocolate covered strawberries look so yummy delicious!
    Great idea writing love notes to the kids!
    I will definitely have to add that to my list!
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe
    Celebrate and Join my 100th Follower Ultimate Giveaway: Skype Author Visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun day! I love Valentine's Day! Everyone is in such a good mood! :)

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I LOVE Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day! I love the idea of writing some you love about each student on hearts! I did that for my kids and husband this year.

    Stacy
    Live Love Laugh and Teach!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...