Friday, February 15, 2013

Five For Friday (my first...and a Science Friday)

Yay!!! I love a good LINKY party, and this one is a very popular one! I hear all sorts of good things about it, so I'm super excited to join! :)

fiveforfriday

Here goes:

#1
We have started our American Symbols unit and I gave red, white, and blue tissue squares to the class and asked them to make their own American Flag....turned out SUPER CUTE!

#2
The idea of the "Math Mustache" was born....what better way to get kids excited about math than telling them about their cool new stick-on MATH MUSTACHES!!! :) They were super excited and it made for a very fun class! They were so cute too...they left them on the whole class and did their work just fine!

#3
This is what our class made for their parents for Valentine's! The first flap has their handprints in the shape of a heart....then, the second one has their definition of "what love is..." and the third is a black and white picture of them in front of our Vday bulletin board! :) They turned out super cute!

#4: 
Yes...these are full diapers! And, no...it's not really PEE! LOL... Today I did one of my MOST favorite science experiments with my class. I do it every year, and it's a "fan favorite!" It's an experiment to see how much water a diaper can hold...and how the heck they do that! lol  (I will be posting this experiment this weekend!)

and....lastly....
#5
The PERFECT way to end a Friday...I took my own to kiddos to a local spot to feed the ducks...Such a relaxing thing to do! My daughter loves getting the ducks to follow her around, and my son just likes throwing bread at them :)

HAPPY FRIDAY!
Don't forget to "like" my FB page for some FAN ONLY freebies! I just posted a new one for DOUBLE DIGIT addition!


2 comments:

  1. I love those American flags! Great for President's Day, too!!

    Megan
    Mrs. Wheeler’s First Grade
    Mrs. Wheeler TpT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting! I can't wait to see your experiment on the diapers! My firsties will LOVE it!
    Kim
    TheVeryBusyFirstGraders

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...