Tuesday, February 5, 2013

An Unexpected Valentine's Craft!

Yep...love is all around! It's FEBRUARY!

A few months ago I started putting up a "themed" bulletin board on one of my whiteboards in my class. Last month, for January it was "WINTER adjectives" and I had a big Penguin holding a sign. My class brainstormed a list of words that we think of when we think of winter, and they had to be adjectives.

So....today, I thought I'd surprise them by changing the board so we could brainstorm some FEBRUARY words.

I made the cute little "HEART-MAN" in the corner, then put the words "WORDS WE LOVE"....

When my class came back from lunch, I asked them to look at the board and tell me what they thought we were going to be doing. 
HA!
EVERY stinkin' one of them said "YAY!!! We're gonna make HEART-GUYS!"

Well....
That wasn't really my plan....

BUT....




lol...How am I supposed to say no, when they are all just so excited about something?!?!!

And, you know what???? Those little HeartGuys ended up being a GREAT addition to what is soon to be our Valentine's Bulletin board!

See:


Now I can fill the middle with their Valentine's POEMS!!!
Speaking of....

Did you grab that FREEBIE yet????
Just click the picture to get your freebie!

OH, and before I forget...yes...we did still brainstorm our "WORDS WE LOVE"....
Here are some of the words my Firsties thought of: hugs, MOM, chocolate, kisses, hearts, pink....


Now...have you seen my Valentine's DIGITAL Backgrounds and CUTESY pink and purple Frames yet?????


To see these sets and all my other new DIGITAL backgrounds and frames, JUST CLICK HERE!  

And, before I go....just because I'm surfing PINTEREST for Vday ideas and think this is so cute! Here you go!
A little PINSPERATION!









7 comments:

  1. I LOVE the heart guys! And I can never resist when my kids are giddy! I'm going to have to do a Words We Love activity! Thanks for the freebie too!

    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks Jennifer!!! They really liked the words activity and it was fun to see how many of them thought of the same words and how many thought of some "out there" words... lol

      Delete
  2. Heart guys! LOVE them! These would be so cute to hang from my ceiling clips to decorate the room for the big party next Thursday! Thanks so much for sharing!
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little heart people are always so appealing:)
    Love your pretty paper!

    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those little guys are so cute! Thanks for the freebie! LOVE your paper and frames!

    Irene
    LWML is hosting a SUPER easy to enter giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...