Friday, February 8, 2013

A Fresh Batch of Valentine's Ideas {and FREEBIES}

It's the weekend after CONFERENCES....and can I just say.....THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY!

I had a wonderful week, and all my conferences went well, but I am just exhausted! This mama needs some down time...some time to relax....and some time to just "be".

While I'm enjoying my downtime, I'm also having some fun CREATING! I'm getting my class Valentine's ready and my daughter's class Valentine's ready. We bought our "store-bought" Valentine's last year for her class, and they were easy...but something just seemed sort of "blah" about them.

So...

This year, I have revamped and made cute tags and this is what I've come up with:

Idea #1

So cheap...so easy...and so cute!
Just buy a bag of chocolate hearts (like this bag of CRUNCH hearts) and attach them using a dab of hot glue or a glue dot to my TAGS! {CLICK HERE to get the FREE TAG printable!}


Idea #2:
Again...I'm a working mom with two young kids, so I'm ALL ABOUT the *CHEAP* and *EASY*....
So, for these you just buy a couple boxes of the mini-Oreo packs...and attach my CUTE little Tags. {Click HERE for the FREE "One Smart COOKIE" Valentine's Tag Printable!}

and, IDEA #3:
This one is great for those of you who don't like to give out candy! This may be the one I choose for my daughter's Pre-k class!
All you need is silly straws...or crazy straws....or, if you can find these cute CUPCAKE straws like I found at Target...they are adorable too!
The cool thing about these cupcake crazy straws is that you can just stick the little tag into the grooves of the cupcake...almost like you would a paperclip!

SEE!


BUT, you also have the option of cutting a couple of little slits and inserting the straw through the tag like below: (especially if you are just using regular crazy straws)




If you want another idea, be sure you "LIKE" my facebook page and click on the YELLOW apple (FB Fan ONLY) freebies tab! There is one more idea waiting on you there, if you haven't seen it yet!

OH, and one more cute idea before I go....

Are you in love with PAPER HEARTS as much as me????

Check out this "CHEAP" (are you sensing a theme????) table runner I made!!! I just taped them together at the edges underneath...you can't even see the tape!

Oh, and my 5-year-old says they also make wonderful "love-bug" wings :)

Are ya'll feelin' the love???? 
I'm LOVIN' my creative time tonight :)
If you love any of these ideas, feel free to PIN away!

And, be on the lookout...my BIG BLOG BIRTHDAY giveaway will start VERY SOON!

4 comments:

  1. Oh My Gosh! The LOVE BUG with red wing doilies is gorgeous! I have 3 packages of those just waiting to be put to good use! Thank you so much for sharing!
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe
    Join my 100 Follower Ultimate Giveaway: Skype Author Visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie-
    Thanks so much for all the great ideas. I have to work on V-day stuff this weekend for my girls (just preschoolers). We decided on gluten free animal crackers with a tag that says "I'm WILD about you" and Scooby Snacks with a tag that says "You're DOG-gone nice."

    I love love love your loopy straws. I will have to try for that one next year.

    Happy relaxing weekend!
    Em
    curiousfirsties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! So many cute ideas!! I love the love bug idea!! Thanks for sharing!:)

    Hugs!
    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...