Sunday, January 27, 2013

Something New Sunday! New Recipe!

HAPPY SUNDAY ya'll!

For those of you who are new around here, every Sunday I get to share SOMETHING NEW that I've learned, done, tried, cooked, made...you name it!

This week it's a new recipe! I created this one all by my little self, and then...guess what??? I tallied up the Weight Watchers points too! 

Yep...those of you who are fellow WW fans, you can thank me later! lol

Here is the nice YUMMY picture collage....and then I'll give you the details!


So, I had this yummy salad at my school last week. One of the teachers made it and brought it in...I didn't get her recipe, so I've just winged it!

Here is what you'll need:
*Romaine Lettuce
*1 Roma tomato diced
*juice from half a lime
* 2 chicken breasts (cooked with no oil, just spray....then chopped)
*1/2 cup of corn kernels (cooked, then drained and cooled)
*1/2 cup of black beans (cooked, then drained and cooled)
*1/3 cup Salsa

So, you combine the lettuce, tomato, and lime juice.
Then, add the corn, black beans, chicken, and salsa.
MIX it all UP and VOILA!! DONE!

NOW, for all you Weight Watchers peeps....

Let's talk SERVINGS/Points....

This recipe makes enough for FOUR people...EASILY.
So, if you take it all and divide it into four equal servings, here is what you get:
Each serving will only be

SIX...yes, 6 points!

AND, if you wanna add a bit of shredded lowfat cheese and just a few tortilla chips, you are still at a decent number!

Hope you like it as much as I did! It's going on my weekly menu! 

OH, and have you seen my cute CLASSROOM pet yet??? If you haven't, be sure you "LIKE" me on FB to see a cute little picture I just posted...not to mention, you'll be the first to see posts, freebies, and flash sales! Click HERE to "LIKE" my page!


1 comment:

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...