Saturday, January 12, 2013

It's the GREAT Product Swap!

It's HERE again!
MrsStanfordsClass


I was partnered up with Tamara from
Add My Button

If you haven't visited Mrs. Russell's Room yet, click the pic above to go see her world! She is a talented and very sweet woman with some GREAT ideas for teaching Common Core!

For our swap I chose to review one of Tamara's close reading activity packets:



I'm a HUGE Kevin Henkes fan and at the beginning of each year my Firsties and I go through a Kevin Henkes unit.

I've never read this book during that time before, but now that I have this, I am planning on putting it to good use!

One of my FAVORITE things about Tamara's products is her wonderful instructions and explanations. Before the lesson she gives you "Instructions for the Lesson Plan Templates" that are complete and consice.


Then....she even includes some pretty amazing layouts/directions for each DAY of the lessons:


For all of her common core themed lessons she includes a component of READING, WRITING, SPEAKING, and LISTENING.

She calls these areas THINK ABOUT IT, TALK ABOUT IT, LOOK AT IT, LISTEN FOR IT, and READ ABOUT IT!

I just love how detailed this woman is! If you are ever in need of COMMON CORE (and I mean, TRUE, common core) activities, LOOK TO Tamara.

OK...sorry, I got off on a small little side-step! lol

Back to THIS product....

She includes some great independent and partner activities, as well as great ideas for discussions.

She also includes a writing plan to go along with the book.



The writing plan includes a cute idea/bubble map!

There is one version with prompts and one without!

There are so many aspects to this packet that I love, but here is one last FAVORITE part of mine!


Yep...she includes a wonderful OPINION writing rubric to go along with the student's Book Reviews. I can always use a good rubric!

Now, to see more of Tamara's WONDERFUL products, I urge you to go check out her TpT store!

AND, be sure you check out her blog by clicking her button below. She is also going to be reviewing one of MY products and I'd LOVE to hear your feedback and thoughts :)

Go on over and check it out!
Just click her button.
Add My Button


1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much, Marie! :) You were a wonderful partner with a wonderful product to use in my classroom! :) So glad that we've gotten to know each other through the 'blogosphere'! :) Thanks for the great review!

    Tamara

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...