Saturday, December 22, 2012

Winter Break Blues...

This picture sums up my feelings lately....
 


 
Source: google.com via Stacy on Pinterest
 
I am now on my Winter Break...a time where I am busy spending time with family and getting ready for Christmas. I'm helping to get presents wrapped, helping my daughter write notes to Santa, and visiting with my Mom who flew out from GA.
 
Yet, in all this happiness, I have a sadness in my heart. I am silently grieving for one of my students. You see, while all the other kiddos in my class will be getting ready for Christmas and celebrating with their families, she will be saying goodbye to her Mother who is being taken by cancer. She has put up a good fight, but her body and spirit cannot fight it anymore. I am just praying that my student has a Merry Christmas and deals with her grief knowing she has so many people around her who love her and are here for her. I am praying for the family...I am grieving because I know that my student, who I love, is going to be losing someone very special to her that she loves.
 
This is the first time in my teaching career I've had this situation come up, and it is JUST as hard as I would have imagined. My tears pop up at moments when I least expect it, and then again at moments when I totally expect it...like when I'm tucking in my daughter and thinking of all those Mommy/daughter moments that my daughter and I have had and will have....
 
I haven't blogged recently because I've been busy...true....but I've also just been emotionally and mentally drained. I cannot think of lesson plans...I cannot think of TpT...I cannot think of games/room/laminating...
 
I am going to spend the next week enjoying my family and praying for my students and their families to have a wonderful break.
 
I have so many blessings and will try to help bless others over my break....I will not be blogging until the new year :)
 
HAVE a MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! Kiss the ones you love...
 
 
 


7 comments:

  1. Marie,

    I will keep you and your student in my prayers. Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas.

    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sweet friend, I feel your hurt and share it with you. I am so sorry to hear of this and am praying for you and your student's family. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post brought me to tears, Marie! I am so sad for you as well...I can not imagine how impactful this is both in and out of your classroom. I am praying for you and your student. I hope you both find peace over this holiday season. You are right, Kiss the ones you love!

    Emily

    Educating to the Core

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry you're going through this. It's hard to see a child suffer. My second year of teaching one of my students's leukemia came out of remission. We discovered it at science camp. It was hard on us. I hope you can find a way to bring your class together for her. I ended up brining a couple of her friends to the hospital for a play date.

    What i have learned

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really rough for everyone:( Hang in there and try and enjoy your own Christmas.
    Sending hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marie, those are touching sentiments and I know a lot of us blogging teachers share them. Thank you for expressing them so beautifully. I hope that you and your loved ones have a wonderful holiday and a delightful new year.

    Sharon Dudley, NBCT
    http://teachingwithsight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gгeat beat ! Ι would like to apprentіce ωhіle you amend yοur website, how
    can i subscribe for а blog ωebsitе? The асcount helpеd me a aссeptable ԁеal.

    I had been tinу bit acquaintеd of this уouг
    bгοadcаѕt ρrovided bright clear іdea
    Take a look at my weblog ... banking and international finance operations

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...