Monday, December 10, 2012

Our Melting Snowmen....and a little FREEBIE!

Do you read these books in your class?
Product Details     Product Details     Product Details 
 
I LOVE all things SNOWMEN :), but especially these books....
 
Each year I read at least one of these with my First Graders and we talk about what it would be like if our snowmen could come alive after we go to bed. It's always a fun discussion!
 
Today my class read Snowmen at Work and we talked about what snowmen may do if they could magically become REAL....like a modern day Frosty! :)
 
Then, we talked about what would eventually happen....the weather would get warmer and our snowmen would be no more...
 
That's where the FUN PART came in! I helped my students make MELTED snowmen.
And, after that, we wrote FRIENDLY LETTERS to our snowmen (and snowgirls) telling them how much we would miss them and how much fun we had with them.
 
 
Here is everything we needed to make our melted snowmen...

I made batches of this FLUFFY white goodness out of shaving cream and Elmer's glue....

And, then I let my kiddos start creating....
 
 Here is part of the BULLETIN board I have ready for the snowmen and the letters to our snowmen...
 
 And, here are some of the lovely MELTED SNOWMEN that are drying....
 
If you'd like to use our friendly letter template, just CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD it! :) (for free, of course!)
 

6 comments:

  1. I need to try fluffy snow! Looks like fun!!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Marie these are awesome! Bet your kiddos had a blast melting away their snowmen! Love the writing component as well. Thanks for sharing!
    ~Christy & Tammy
    Fluttering Through First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops sorry. Having problems with my iPad tonight. I wanted to say that those are adorable. I can hardly wait now until it snows so we can do that, too;)

      Barbara
      Grade ONEderful
      Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

      Delete
  4. I'm bookmarking this for January! Cute idea.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...