Sunday, December 30, 2012

New Year's Resolutions Linky!

I am THRILLED that Jen from The Teacher's Cauldron put this linky together. I was hoping someone would :)
 
 
So, what is your New Year's resolution??? Do you take part in this tradition? It's something I have done EVERY year since I was a kid, and of course, I am trying to get better each year about sticking to them!
 
I feel like if I put these out here in the wide web, it will hold me a bit more accountable. So, here goes!
 
Personal Resolution:
 
This may be a bit "deep", but it's something that has been weighing on my mind. I had someone refer to me recently as a "new" Christian. It blew my mind for a moment because I have considered myself a Christian for years. I chose to be baptized at age 14 and have believed in God my whole life. BUT, it made me think....something in me has changed and now I am OUTWARDLY professing my faith more. I am showing it more, and I am trying to live a more Godly life. Of course, I'm not perfect, but God doesn't ask us to be perfect. He asks us to keep trying. This person referring to me in this way is proof that now others are noticing....and I'm pretty proud of that!
 
My personal resolution is to KEEP TRYING to grow in God. I want to continue to grow and I know that will have a positive impact on all areas of my life.
 
This is a quote from church today, which I just LOVE:
 
"God made each of us then whispered "Think symphony, not solo." Individually capable; collectively unbelievable." -Bob Goff.
 
I want to be a part of that symphony! :)
 
Now, onto my BLOGGING Resolution:
I really want to make myself a more organized schedule so that I can accomplish more while online. I want to begin scheduling more posts so that I can set time aside to actually visit my friend's blogs and find new blogs with great ideas. I'd LOVE to reach 1,000 followers by the end of this year too! It's a stretch, but I think if I keep putting out helpful ideas, links, freebies...etc, it'll happen!
 
Now it's your turn! Go link up so I can see YOUR resolutions! Just click the picture at the top of this post to link up!
 

10 comments:

  1. I just stumbled on your blog! It is adorable! Best wishes on the 2013 resolutions and reaching 1000 followers!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw - what a GREAT personal goal!! I was at church this morning and that's basically what the message was :) thanks for linking up!
    Jen
    The Teacher’s Cauldron

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quote from your church today! So powerful!

    I'm trying to stick to the posting schedule too. It will help keep me accountable.

    ThePolishedTeacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a great idea to set aside time to blog. I feel like I have a difficult time blogging because teaching takes up so much of my time. With all of your great ideas, you will definitely get 1000 followers! This linky is such a fantastic idea, and I'm really glad you posted about it!

    I'm having a New Year giveaway, check it out when you can!
    K. Almaraz @ Our Future is Bright

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are attainable goals! I am so happy you have become a blogging friend:)

    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tammy! I agree! :) So thankful for blogging friends like you!

      Marie

      Delete
  7. I just found your blog through the linky party. I am your newest follower. I am excited for you. Your personal goal is wonderful and it is a goal that all of us should aspire to. I know that I want to grow closer to God and to live out my faith more and more this year too. I pray that you have a great New Year's!

    Becky
    Compassionate Teacher
    http://compassionate-teacher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commenting. :) I'm glad you came by to visit. Happy New Year!
      Marie

      Delete
  8. Best of luck with your resolutions. You know I love your blog!!
    Happy new year!
    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...