Thursday, December 6, 2012

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, WINTER work is here!

I'm LOVING all the Christmas music that I'm hearing this week!
 
Before Thanksgiving when I'd hear it, I would cringe and turn it off, but now...it's DECEMBER and I am just LOVIN' IT!
 
I've been working with my students on a few "WINTER" themed activities and I wanted to share a few with you!
 
FIRST UP: MY very FIRST "GLYPH" that I've ever made all by myself....normally I just look for glyphs that have already been made, but I really wanted to give this a try. And, you know what? I think it turned out SUPER CUTE!!
 
Take a look:
 
 
My students had to listen to my questions and choose their pieces according to their answers....

 
Then, I had them create a Stocking STUFFER wishlist to go with their stockings.



Do you like my big red candy????
 
It's two paper plates cupped together and then wrapped in red celophane! :)
 
OH, and what about this little cutie??? If you follow me on Facebook you've probably already seen my wreath picture, but if not, here it is!
I was playing around with different ideas for making HOLIDAY wreaths and made this one over the weekend with my 4-year-old daughter. There are SOOOOOOOO many different ways you can make holiday wreaths, but this one is SUPER CUTE, SUPER CHEAP, and SUPER EASY!
Not to mention, it takes the kiddos a while and is GREAT for fine motor skills!
 
Other ideas for wreaths:
Puffballs
Other cereals (captain crunch, frosted mini wheats)
Cut up Christmas cards or scraps of cardstock
Old, broken crayons
Cotton balls with paint
 
(OR you can just search Pinterest....I'm sure there are TONS of great ones there!)
 
OK, now back to my winter wonderland of thoughts....
Do you see that??!?! It's actually snowflakes stuck to my windshield....pretty cool....makes me feel as curious as a kid everytime I see a snowflake.
 
WINTER is on MY MIND...bigtime!
 
Here is another WINTER packet I've created:
This is a packet of WINTER writing resources that work in whole group, or are great for centers!
 
And, here's another one that's great for this time of year!
This one is a 36 page seasonal packet that helps reinforce or teach COMPOUND WORDS! Another way to liven up centers! CLICK HERE TO SEE MORE!
 
And, lastly...I have made a seasonal ADJECTIVES packet that is SURE to get your kiddos adding more details and descriptions!
 
 
WHEW!!!! Now....I need to get back to work. I'm currently working on SEVERAL freebies for ya'll!!! It's been too long! :)
 
STAY TUNED for FRIDAY SCIENCE tomorrow! It's a fun one!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...