Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Holiday MADNESS this Week! (and an UGLY Sweater)

We'll get to the ugly sweater in a moment...I promise....
 
but first.....
 
WOW, it's been a WHIRLWIND already and it's only Tuesday night! I felt like I was in a fog all weekend with thoughts of Sandy Hook Elementary, and yesterday when I got into my classroom and all my kiddos came in...it sort of SNAPPED ME back to reality.
 
I still have an amazing class of kiddos and I am THRILLED to be able to teach them each week. This week we are working like little elves on our curriculum and holiday things! :)
 
Like these:
 
I took each of my kiddos pics in a PHOTO BOOTH set up in my room, then I put them inside the "picture holder" cards. Today I gave them a chance to decorate the cards :) This one is of course, just me and not fully decorated, but you get the "picture" teehee :)
Thanks so much to a couple of good friends, Tanja and Greg for helping me come up with the cute phrase!

And, these super cute, super easy PAPER strip Christmas trees...I got PINSPERATION for these...
A

This one's MINE :)

And, believe it or not...all I had to do was prep some scrapbooking paper strips and give my students some construction paper and glue sticks!
 
This is the PIN that I got the inspiration from:


And...keeping in mind this week is CRAZY BUSY....Sunday night I stayed up late stuffing little Christmas goody bags for my students.... 
I filled them with pencils, crazy straws, moveable erasers, tattoos, and candy canes :)
 
 
Now, onto the UGLY SWEATER....this Friday our school is having an UGLY SWEATER competition with the staff...and there are PRIZES available to win!
 
So, I searched at my local Walmart...then my local Goodwill, and finally went over to the "SAVERS" which is like a Goodwill, but smaller. I wasn't able to find an UGLY sweater at ANY of those stores! Well...not a HOLIDAY ugly sweater, anyway! LOL...lots of ugly sweaters, but no CHRISTMAS ones.
 
I ended up picking out this green sweater in the men's section....it has potential!

 
Next, I asked my hubby, who is REALLY great with things like this to help me out.
 
This is what we have so far!
Thoughts??? Is it ugly enough??? LOL Should I add more? OH...there is a huge stocking sewn onto the back!

 

4 comments:

  1. The mustache picture is cute! It was fun helping you come up with names :)

    Journey of a Substitute Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the sweater so far! I would just search ugly sweater on the internet and see what else I get inspired to add! Good luck! It sounds fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sweater too! That sounds like so much fun to do as a staff! Wish we would do something fun like that at our school.... I think you need to add some mistletoe somewhere! (unless it's there and I missed it!)

    Love the cards too!
    Hope you have a wonderful holiday break!
    Angie
    Rulin' The Roost

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...