Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Word Play Wednesday: Scarecrow FUN!

Anyone have this???
 
As you may be able to tell from the edge/corners of my box, I have used these A LOT! :)
 
They are sold online.....I got mine a few years back through Scholastic...
 
BIGGIE Patterns With a PurposeThey are for sale now through Scholastic for $29.99 and let me tell you, I use mine ALL the time, ESPECIALLY for writing tools.
 
They have pictures/patterns for every season/holiday....and even a "back to school" section.
 
Take a look at these super cute SCARECROWS that we made using Biggie Patterns.

 
Just in case the picture is too blurry, the topic I chose to give my students for this FALL/SCARECROW patter was
"If my scarecrow came to life, it would be _____________."
 
This little girl said:
If my scarecrow came to life, it would be cool. I would play with him. He would eat pumpkins. We would have fun. We would sing Justin Bieber songs. I would miss him when he was gone.
 
The stories were so fun to read! The kids really enjoyed making their scarecrows colorful and helping me put them together, but they liked writing about this topic even more!
 
Happy Writing!
 

9 comments:

  1. The scarecrows are so cute!

    Greg
    Http://kindergartensmorgasboard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you Greg!!!! They were super proud of them! :)

      Delete
  2. I have the book version of these patterns and I use them ALL THE TIME!! They are especially great when I get bored with the curriculum and want to teach the same topic in a more fun way.

    The Lower Elementary Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute and GREAT to know. I'm now on the hunt for great writing resources. :)

    Maria
    http://curiousfirsties.blogspot.com

    ps... we are having our first little giveaway. Come over and enter if you'd like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love word play & use all the time as a teacher. I also use a lot of fun word play in my blogging for adults, like this challenge to create new words from old: http://daisybrain.wordpress.com/2012/03/09/wordarchy/

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...