Sunday, October 21, 2012

Something New Sunday! What's cookin'?

Happy Sunday everyone!
 
I hope you have all had a chance to rest up....
 
I know I sure did, after completing all my report cards next year!
 
My family and I will be eating some yummy soup that I made last week and froze a batch of!
 
Anyone like Chicken Tortilla Soup???
 
I made this, QUICK and EASY chicken tortilla soup with just a few ingredients and my crockpot!
 
 
Here is your ingredients list:
*1 to 2 green peppers diced
* 1 package pre-cut carrots
*1 envelope of taco seasoning mix ( I used the low sodium)
* 1 large can diced tomatoes
*1 can black beans
*1 can corn
*1 small can of green chilis
*4 chicken breasts
*2 cups of chicken stock ( I also used low sodium of this...)
 
 
First I put in the chicken, stock, and packet of seasoning.

 
 

 
Then, I put in the rest of the ingredients...

 
Cover, and cook on low for 6 hours! This makes a BIG batch...it was enough for my family to eat and then freeze half for another nights dinner!
 
Anyone else have some amazing recipes you want to share???
What about a new product you made, or a new blog you found?
 
How about link up and share it on my
LINKY
 
While you're there, check out the other cool ideas that have already been linked up!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. There is just something about Sundays and soup! We made a new soup today too! Vegetable Quinoa Soup. I think I need to tweak the recipe for next time :) Thanks for sharing!

    Em
    curiousfirsties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've NEVER tryied Quinoa! I keep seeing all these amazing looking recipes that call for it, so I need to get up the culinary courage to give it a try! :)

      Delete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...