Saturday, September 15, 2012

Want a KISS??? Math and Craftivity!

If you've followed me long enough, you know that I LOVE chocolate, and I really love bringing CANDY to math class! :)
 
I was stoked when I found this cute freebie
 
I got to let my math students taste three different type of "Kisses"....
 
 
 

 

 
Let's just say....I had some VERY happy little Firsties! They each found a favorite candy and used that cute FREEBIE from above to graph the class faves!
 
After we completed our recording page, I helped my students make a cute HERSHEY's KISS craft.
 
I pre-cute a KISS shape on brown construction paper for each student.
 
 
Then, I gave my students pieces of tin foil to cover their kiss.
 
 
 
After that, I gave each student a strip of white paper and let them write down what the name of their favorite candy Kiss.
 
 
We poked the white strip into the back fold of the tin foil and added a small bit of tape.
 
:) SWEET!
 
What about you guys???? Do you LOVE candy in math too?
 

2 comments:

  1. I loved using candy in math until it wasn't allowed in the school anymore due to the health policy. Too bad because the children were so in love with learning math back then.

    Pixy Stix and Teacher Tricks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm glad we don't have any strict regulations on candy in class. Of course, I do try to limit my candy to every other Friday :)

      Delete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...