Sunday, September 9, 2012

Something New Sunday! NEW FEATURE!

Yep....I am starting a NEW FEATURE!!!
 
For those of you that don't know, I already have my
 
WORD PLAY Wednesdays, where I focus on some type of word play, vocabulary, spelling, compound words...etc....
 
Science Fridays, where I show you cool experiments or cool science links or gadgets....
 
and now, my newest feature is SOMETHING NEW SUNDAYS!
 
Each Sunday, I'm going to try to do something new and post about it. It may be something for my students and classroom, or it may be something cool I found in a cookbook or magazine, or PINTEREST.
 
Today, it's from a cookbook/magazine:
 
 
I'm trying REALLY hard to watch what I put into my body, so I'm trying to use more "light" recipes for things that I love.
 
I found today's new recipe from this Weight Watchers magazine/cookbook.
 
I am from GA, and most fellow Georgians can relate to lovin' a good homemade APPLE PIE :)
Am I right???
 
Who doesn't like pie??????
 
So, they have a recipe for a Rustic Apple Galette (no clue how to pronounce that last word)
 
THis is the picture from the magazine showing how it turned out when they made it.
 
The directions were SUPER easy and I think mine turned out pretty darn close!
 
See for yourself:
 
 
I started with FIVE Gala apples....
 
I peeled them, cored them, and sliced them into 1/4 inch slices.
 
I preheated my oven to 400.
 
I put the apple slices into a bowl and added:
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
3 tbsp flour
 
I mixed them all together, then put them on top of a PRE-MADE dough that I stretched out to about 12 inches.

 
I then folded the edges and pressed to seal.
 
I baked for 35 minutes and VOILA!!!!

 
The best news????? It's only around 150 cals per serving and it tastes GREAT!!!
I love this magazine!
   I've linked this post over to The Gypsy Teacher's "The Healthy Truth" Linky! If you have a health related post, be sure you GO LINK UP TOO!
 
Wanna know more about me???? Head on over to Pocket Full of Kinders to see how I answered Shuna's questions for her readers to get to know me :)
 
 
 

14 comments:

  1. i love your new feature! and the healthy-ish recipe! I have a weekly feature called The Healthy Truth and it's also a linky party! I'd love for you to link up this healthy apple pie post and whatever other posts you have that fall under the category of living healthy! I'm trying to do so too!!

    Allie
    The Gypsy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh fun!! I'll be sure to come over and check out the LInky! Thanks for commenting!

      Marie

      Delete
  2. Oh that looks delicious! Perfect for fall!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm looks good! I may have to look up that recipe. Thanks for sharing!

    Journey of a Substitute Teacher
    and
    Endless Pinabilities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanja, if you follow the steps above, that's basically it! EASY to make! Email me if you have questions!

      Marie

      Delete
  4. Anything with apples... I'm in! :) Fall is my favorite to go to the apple orchard, drink apple cider and have apple cider popsicles. :)
    Thanks for the get-to-know-you link. You are so funny! And.. secretly, don't we all love the Beibs? :)

    Have a great week!!!!
    Maria

    http://curiousfirsties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....thanks for going over and reading Shuna's post about me. Glad I'm not the only one witht he Beiber Fever! lol

      Delete
  5. I have seriously considered posting some "teacher friendly" recipes and tips on my blog. Thanks for doing this and motivating me to possibly include some of my own in the future!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...