Saturday, September 1, 2012

I'm thinking Fall with Apple Math!

Yes, I know it's not actually Fall yet, but living here in Arizona with 100+ temps everyday, I can look to the cooler future....right?? :)
 
I've been thinking APPLES lately....and I'm not the only one! I can tell by all the cute APPLE projects and APPLE recipes that I've been seeing on Pinterest lately.
 
I have to share with you guys a couple of things APPLE:
 
First off, I cannot take credit for this cute project....it was done in my daughter's Pre-K class at school.  Before this activity she had taken pictures of the kiddos and asked them to look as if they were holding something above their heads.
 
Her teacher cut out apples in different colors and gave them to the small group. Then she gave the students pre-cut and taped blue strips of construction paper to glue their apples to.
 
She also gave them their pictures that she had taken.
 
They used the picture and apples to practice creating a pattern, and also to have the students count their stack of apples and number them (in order).
 
Here are a few pics! The cute little girl is my daughter :)
 


 
 
This is a close-up of my daughter's stack of apples :)
I am so proud of her! She did a great job writing her numbers and only wrote her "5" and "6" backwards!!!
 
The teacher also read the book, Ten Apples Up On Top with this activity.
Ten Apples Up On Top!
 
Can you see why I LOVE my daughter's teacher????
 
Now, while we are all thinking APPLES, I also wanted to let you know that I have just finished creating my BIGGEST packet ever for my TpT store.
 
 It’s full of activities that relate directly to the Common Core Standards for Math for Kindergartners, specifically COUNTING and CARDINALITY.
 
 



 
 
Thanks to all of you who keep coming back and following my blog! :) I'm ALMOST to 400, so be on the lookout for an amazing giveaway in the next week or so! :)
 
Do you guys have any cool APPLE projects or links for me? I'd love to hear from you!
 
HAVE a happy AND safe Labor Day weekend! I'll be back on Monday evening to read all your comments :)
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Love the activity your daughter's teacher came up with. It is so cute! I love fall and apple activities! My favorites are apple tasting and graphing, apple print patterning, and apple seed counting. Enjoy the long weekend!

    Pixy Stix and Teacher Tricks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Her class also does the apple tasting! So cute!

      Delete
  2. This makes me want to go to the apple orchard. :) Your daughter is so stinking cute! :) What a wonderful activity! I'll have to keep this in mind. Thanks so much for sharing!
    Maria
    http://curiousfirsties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment Maria! :) It makes me wanna bake a fresh APPLE PIE! :)

      Delete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...