Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Do you SCOOT? ScootPad

Ever heard of ScootPad?
 
logo
 
A fellow teacher pointed me towards this website a couple weeks ago and I finally got around to looking it over.
 
I'm not sure about you, but I always have parents who are asking for extra homework for their kiddos, or I have those kiddos who would benefit from extra practice.
 
ScootPad is an online homework tool that is FREE and EASY to use! AND....it's based on COMMON CORE! (even better, right?!)
 
Now, I do still send home a packet on Mondays, so this is just supplemental.
 
I signed up my class, then entered the name of my students. It automatically generated a username and password for them, and I printed off "invites" to send home explaining to parents how to log their child into our online classroom area.
 
Once they are there, they can complete practice tasks for MATH and READING and earn "coins" like a points system. You can set up your own types of rewards if you want.
 
 
I sent my families an email letting them know I was sending home the invites. I told them it was OPTIONAL, but that students would be able to earn extra points on their incentive pads for certain amounts of "coins" earned.
 
Parents can also download the app for their Iphones, Ipads, Androids, and more!
 
For more info, you can head over to SCOOTPAD's site and watch a short video tutorial of how the program works!
 
Let me know what you think! Or, if you already use it, I'd love to hear from you too!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE scootpad! The other site we use in my room is ReadingEggs.com. But Scootpad is my fave because it offers good-fit, leveled reading AND math practice for each of my kiddos. LOVE IT...thanks for sharing!

    carrie :)
    The First Grade Derby

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...