Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Sick Already....Pinterest Tips for Colds!

Before I get started, if you missed yesterday's PRODUCT SWAP POST, you should check it out!!!

I know some of you are like me and have already started your school year. I'm in my 2nd week with students and this week I've had EIGHT students out sick! There is Strep throat and a virus going through our class :(

I'm one of those people who, if something's going around, I'm gonna get it! And....as I guessed, something's coming. I've got a HORRIBLE sore throat, I feel tired, and my voice may leave me soon. I don't think it's strep. I think it's just allergies/cold, but either way, it stinks!

I work with some of the sweetest, most thoughtful women in the world. Look what one of my teammates dropped off in my class yesterday:
It's a late birthday gift, but because she knew I wasn't feeling good, she stocked it with some special goodies:

Cough drops, Thera-Flu, Vitamin water, Throat Coat tea, a Walgreen's giftcard, and a Dunkin' Donuts giftcard.....

That totally made my day, and the throat coat tea is FABULOUS!

So, knowing that some of you HAVE NOT started back yet, I wanted to go ahead and share a few tips and tricks from PINTEREST to help you get through some sicknesses when you are surrounded by kiddy germs! :) Hope you find them helpful! I know I am....

The BIGGEST SHOCKER (but, it did help! Trust me, I tried it!)
Pinned Image

Pinned Image

This gives you a link to special JUICING recipes to help kick the cold!
Pinned Image

Great tips on this poster!
Pinned Image
To see it close up, CLICK HERE! 

If you don't succeed and you end up too sick for work, remember to be kind and leave your sub with some great plans and notes!
The Clutter Free Classroom has some GREAT TIPS for this!
Pinned Image

All this talk of germs and colds makes me think of my FAVORITE saying....so I made a little free printable poster if any of you want to print it for home (I'm thinking most of us could NOT post it at school, but I'm going to make a cute frame and hang it in my guest bathroom).
Just click the picture to grab yours! This is made by me, but this is a well known saying that' been around forever! I can't take ANY credit for that! LOL

 

14 comments:

  1. I didn't know about the marshmallows trick when you have a sore throat! I am definitely trying it out the next time I get one. I always end up getting horrible sore throats when I am sick & it drives me crazy. Feel better! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I didn't know either, but it does work! Problem is, I'm trying to stay away from sugar....so, I can't use anymore of the marshmallows! lol

      Thanks for the comment Lisa!

      Delete
  2. Ooo, sounds like a good excuse to eat marshmallows! ;)
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you are sick! Thanks so much for the tips. I had never heard that marshmallows had any positive effect other than being quite yummy. Feel better soon!!

    - Vicky
    http://themadnessthatiskindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicky! I hope I feel better soon too...

      Delete
  4. What a bummer you are feeling under the weather. I'm excited about the marshmallow trick, thanks for that! :) I hope you're feeling better!

    Maria
    http://curiousfirsties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you feel better soon! Eat lots of marshmallows! I know I am! Sadly, though, I don't have a sore throat. Actually, I guess I should say, gladly, I don't have a sore throat. I just LOVE marshmallows. Thanks for all the good tips!

    Ѽ Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....funny Lori! Glad you like the tips! :)

      Delete
  6. Feel better!!! I will have to try the marshmallows!!! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had strep throat four times in five months one year.... that was not fun!! I'll have to remember the marshmallow tip. Hope you feel better!

    Cyndi
    Lacy's Letters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH WOW!!! THat must have been awful!!! Def keep those marshmallows in mind! :)

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  8. AW! You weren't supposed to get sick!!
    I LOVE ginger ... use it all the time :)
    Get better soon.

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...