Friday, August 24, 2012

My Bubblegum Science Bulletin and DIY Science Lab Coats!

Ok, so I know last Friday I posted about my BUBBLEGUM SCIENCE EXPERIMENT and most of you have already seen it.
 
I shared this new experiment with my First grade team members and they ALL did it! One of them has already hung the craftivity/cloze activity and it made the cutest bulletin board. I thought I would share it with you:
 

 
I think her little Firsties did a FABULOUS job! :)
 
 
Now, since it is FRIDAY science time, I thought I'd share what my little Scientists worked on today.
 
I'm sure lots of you have seen these DIY lab coats before:
Pinned Image
 
I love how EASY this is....black sharpie or marker and a white T-shirt!
 
I completely forgot my camera today, so I can't show you the finished product from my class, but I can tell you what we did and post the picture later! :)
 
I had each student bring in one white cotton pillowcase. I helped the students cut out the neck line, arm holes, and then cut straight down the front so it opened like a jacket.
 
Then, the students added their pocket with their name (using black sharpie), and buttons down the center. They also drew on a collar.
 
I tried looking online to find an example of a Lab coat like the ones my class made, but couldn't find any! Can you believe that?!? lol....SO, again...picture will come later.
 
BUT, while I was looking, I found these and thought this would be a cute idea to give at a Science themed party, or at the beginning of the year during one of your first Science lessons! Maybe when you are going over tools that scientists use??? Not sure, but they are ADORABLE!
 
Pinned Image
 
 
OH, and before I forget....if you haven't checked out Curious Firsties yet, be sure to go check them out! They are new to the blogging world and have some awesome ideas! Go see them and let them know I sent you :)
 

4 comments:

  1. Marie!!!!

    You are so sweet! Thanks so much for the shout out!!! We're super excited to share all our learning this year in and out of the classroom!
    YOU ROCK!!!

    And your bubble gum guys... ADORABLE! I have a feeling this lesson will be on our agenda this year!
    Thanks sooo much!

    Maria
    http://curiousfirsties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria! I think this bubblegum experiment is going to be fun for LOTS of classrooms! :)

      Marie

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen that idea for a lab coat before!!! I LOVE IT!!! This is exactly what I'm looking for so we can have our scientist of the week. Thanks for sharing!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving the lab coats! Super cute and VERY easy Lisa! I wish I had seen this T-Shirt version before I did ours with pillowcases! :)

      Marie

      Delete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...