Monday, August 13, 2012

Made It Monday! (For School and HOME!)

Wow...I feel like I've been away so long! I missed you guys....but I'm back! I feel MUCH better thanks to lots of meds and rest.

I'm just in time for the MADE IT MONDAY!!

First, I'll show you a couple of things I made at school today. Well, actually I made one, and my students made the other :)

For those of you that saw my last Made it Monday you know that I made my class a Boggle Board. Well, I wanted to find some cute way to store my magnetic letters, instead of keeping them in a Ziploc, which is what I was doing....

Well, I just used up the rest of my Tim Horton's Coffee (for those Canadian friends, this is one item I REALLY MISS and stock up on when I go back to visit). I decided to dress up the can to match my wild themed room and it is PERFECT for storing the letters.

See:
(A moment of silence for my last can...until October when we go up to visit family!)


I think it turned out SUPER CUTE! What do you think?



Next, a cute activity that I got inspiration for on Pinterest. My class is studying Frogs and Toads. This is our first Unit of the year. I LOVE it, but needed a new cutesy idea to create a bulletin board.

This is the pin that inspired me:

Pinned Image

And, I took this and did it almost exactly...I just had my kiddos add curled paper for tongues....

Here is my newest bunch of firsties working on their frogs!
I helped them trace their hands, then they cut them out ALL BY THEMSELVES! I was impressed with their cutting!



Before the nose, mouth, and tongue was added.

And, look how CUTE!!!!!

Here's our FROGS in a POND bulletin board, with froggy "dinner plates" too!



Now, while we are on MADE IT MONDAY, I also thought I'd share something I made at home! I made the MOST DELICIOUS homemade meatballs I have EVER tasted!!! And, the best part...I followed NO recipe. Totally just threw stuff together.
To start, I took about two pounds of ground turkey. I added 1 tablespoon of minced garlic (from a jar), 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, salt to taste, and two eggwhites. I mixed that all together then added 1/2 cup of rolled oats! (Yes, I was trying to sneak in something other than regular breadcrumbs!)

Then, I baked them for about 26 minutes at 375 degrees.

Ya'll, these meatballs were AMAZING....I am not even trying to brag. Normally my recipes are just ok...this was soooooooo yummy! I used regular jar sauce and whole wheat pasta. Then sprinkled Parmesan cheese.

OK, I'm off to look at everyone else's MADE it MONDAY!



9 comments:

  1. I love your frogs! Those meatballs look amazing! Tomorrow is Tuesday so I have to try a new recipe...Maybe I'll try this!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Jenny
    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! You should TOTALLY try the meatballs! Let me know what you think!

      Delete
  2. Those frogs are too cute!! Just found your blog...very cute. Love your ideas as I also teach first grade. I'm your newest follower.
    Jessica

    Apples and Papers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute frogs! I became your latest follower--I am hosting my 100th follower giveaway with a laminator, that could be yours.

    Come and visit!

    www.ateacherwithoutaclass.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your boggle can looks great ... so do your pretty dishes. You REALLY do love polka dots :) I can't comment on your meatballs 'cause I'm a vegetarian -- ha ha!
    Glad to hear you're feeling much better, Marie!

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Love it Barbara...as I was typing I thought " The vegetarian followers are not gonna like this" lol.... Next time I'll make a meatless meal!

      Delete
  5. Those meatballs look to die for!!! My mouth is watering! :) I'm not much of a cook, but I think I may try these. :)
    Thanks so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could make your mouth water with my home cooking! :)

      Delete
  6. As a Canadian I have to LOVE your can...even though I'm not a coffee fan! And you're frogs are just so darn cute!

    Sherri
    Books, Blocks and Baskets

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...