Thursday, August 16, 2012

FROGGY FUN and FREEBIES!

Hey Ya'll!!! 
I don't think I've been this excited for Friday in FOREVER....I mean....this week has been EXHAUSTING! Ever feel like you just AREN"T making any progress with the piles on your desk or the emails you are getting!?!? I really hope I'm not the only one...

My saving grace??? I am having fun a LOT of fun with my class learning ALL about Frogs and Toads!

We are using the Frog and Toad are Friends stories in reading groups right now, and we are integrating Science by studying all about Amphibians/Reptiles and Frogs/Toads.

Today we listened to Ron Brown's song (can't remember the name)....What a Wonderful night for a DinnerSHOW with Frogs and Toads......

The song tells kids what frogs and toads may want to eat if they were having dinner! VERY CUTE!
Then, I gave my students a page of pictures and had them cut out what frogs may want to eat and glue them to a paper plate. After that, they could color more "food for frogs". They had fun with this!

I have another cute song that has a video with it. I show my students every year and it's ALWAYS a hit:



Do you study Frogs and Toads??? Here are a couple of sample pictures from my Frog and Toad packet


Anyone study Frogs and Toads???? HERE COMES A FLASH GIVEAWAY! I'll send this Frog and Toad resource packet out to the FIRST 3 people to comment. Don't forget to include your email!!

OH, and for more freebies, you can hop on over to A Crucial Week for her Classroom Freebies linky!
My button


Be sure to check back in tomorrow evening for my FRIDAY SCIENCE post!! 

8 comments:

  1. Ohh perfect I study frogs at the beginning of the year!

    cgeiser@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This packet looks like fun! We love learning about those frogs :)

    ajankord@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Our reading series has a Frog and Toad story in it so I always try to cover frogs and toads in science!

    Aimee
    Primarily Speaking
    amslzr@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it! Just sent it your way Aimee! :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for linking up! Love your creations!

    Emer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marie!
    Have you listened to "Pollywog in a Bog" by the Barenaked Ladies? It's on their "Snack Time!" album...it's such a great song and the kids love it! Except I don't tell them who sings it...barenaked ladies is not a place I want to go with my kiddos! :)

    A Pirates Life for Us

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...