Saturday, August 11, 2012

First Week Project: All About ME!

I am feeling sooooo bad for neglecting my blog a little this week. This cold/sinus/ear thing has just DONE ME IN! I missed 3 days of school this week....and now, I'll be spending half my Sunday tomorrow getting caught up and organized again :(

But, I am on the mend now, and wanted to share another one of my Back to School traditions with you guys!
On the first week of school I ALWAYS send home a "home project" that I call "ALL ABOUT ME CEREAL BOXES". <<<yes, I know this is not a very original name...lol>>>>

My students have to use a cereal box or shoe box. I ask them to cover it or paint it, then decorate all sides except one (this is the side that it will stand on).  They can use pictures, drawings, words...anything they want to show me more about them. Some ideas I give them are Favorite foods, games, movies, songs...and then pictures of their family and friends.

I give them about 2 weeks to do this, and on the day they bring them in I let them present their boxes to the class. After they have all been presented, I display them in our hallway for everyone to see. The kids have a lot of fun with this, and they are always so cute! I love looking at them...

HERE are a few from this year....before I put them out to display:


 
Don't forget the BIG SALE STARTS tonight at midnight!!! Use the code below.



6 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon. Get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm going to be in bed EARLY tonight! lol

      Delete
  2. I hope you feel better!! I love the projects!! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling a bit better.
    The "all about me" project sounds fun!

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy you're feeling better!! These boxes look way fun! I would love doing this as a kid!

    ❤ -Stephanie

    Falling Into First

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...